South Florida Babies

Need advice about So FL hospitals- esp Boca and Lauderdale

My husband and I are probably moving to south florida in a few weeks. Our location is very flexible, we just have to be pretty close to a large airport. We were thinking either the Boca, Fort Lauderdale, or Plantation/Davie area, though we are leaning towards Boca. 

I am pregnant with #2 and because we are flexible, I want to make sure we are near a good maternity hospital. I am looking for one that is more family centered, not high pressure with medical procedures, and has all private rooms where my husband can stay with me. 

I was wondering what your experiences have been and what you would recommend and not recommend. 

Thank you so much for your help. :) 

Re: Need advice about So FL hospitals- esp Boca and Lauderdale

• WBL82WBL82 member
    I go to the Boca office of Women's Health Partners for my obgyn and am very happy with them.  The practice was highly recommended by two of my friends who don't know one another, and now I know why!  They also have an office in Boynton, and are affiliated with West Boca (level 3 NICU), and Boca Regional (level 2 NICU) hospitals.
    imageimage"">
  • I live in Plantation and my doctor is located in Weston with a second office in Pembroke Pines. The hospital is Memorial West which has all private rooms and a good NICU. I work at a private school in Davie so I am very familiar with both areas. Very close to FLL.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also go to women's health partners in Boca. This  is my first pregnancy and don't have any complaints. Quite the opposite, the are very well organized and have midwifes partnering with the doctors in pre natal care.

• My midwife worked with West Boca Medical Center, and I had a great experience there. I will definitely go back there for #2.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • We will be delivering at West Boca Medical Center. We took a tour last week. They have double occupancy rooms but said 85% of the time you will get the room to your self and your partner can sleep on the extra bed. You have the option to buy a suite for $150 a night to guarantee a private room.  They have a high rated NICU.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I work at and will be delivering at Boca regional hospital!!! I go to women's health care partners and they are amazing docs and midwives!!!!! I love my hospital and coworkers ;]
    Ps I have a house for sale in Boca 15 min from hospital, 5 min from OB office

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• imageWBL82:
    I go to the Boca office of Women's Health Partners for my obgyn and am very happy with them.  The practice was highly recommended by two of my friends who don't know one another, and now I know why!  They also have an office in Boynton, and are affiliated with West Boca (level 3 NICU), and Boca Regional (level 2 NICU) hospitals.

I really have to agree here. I've had the best experiences with Women's Health Partners through multiple losses, and now my first pregnancy. I'll be delivering at Boca Regional - they have private rooms, and are very family friendly.  

Andria & Ian Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"