Pittsburgh Babies

Female OBGYN

I am pregnant for the first time 6w3d and I have no idea what to do! I've seen my family doctor for bloodwork, but I want an ob to deliver. I would prefer a woman, and I have Highmark insurance. I am mostly interested in delivering at Magee. Could anyone give me some advice or tell me how to go about finding someone? I was so preoccupied ttc that I forgot about researching what to do after! Thanks so much!!

Re: Female OBGYN

• What part of town are you in?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aegoaego member
    Squirrel hill, but I am probably moving to Dormont/Mount Lebanon this summer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, I go to western pa woman's healthcare, they are all female doctors and one of the docs are always on call so you will have met who is going to deliver your baby.  They only deliver at Magee. I've only gone to their office at Magee but they also have a location in Wexford and Mt.  Pleasant.  I just delivered my first baby in February and I've been really happy with them.   I believer they accept Highmark ins. but would have to check.  

https://www.westernpawomenshealthcare.com/index.htm

• aegoaego member
    Thank you so much! I looked them up and they look perfect. I just made my first appointment :
  • Yes I highly recommend Magee, I currently go to the group that has Tabitha Dawn Delo and LeeAnn Swanson...wonderful staff and doctors, especially for us unsuspecting first time mothers ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"