Maine Babies
Options

Still sleeping

Once we finally got him to sleep at 8:30 last night, he's stayed asleep.  It's 3 am and I am up just watching him to make sure he's ok.  I really want to wake him to eat since my boobs hurt so bad, but I don't want to wake him either.  As long as he's breathing, I'll just keep watching him sleep.  This morning he went from 6:30 to 12 without eating, which is atypical for him.  But he did cluster feed before going to bed tonight, so I wonder if he was just gearing up for a longer sleep.  Why does everything make us worry?!

Re: Still sleeping

• Options

My goodness tell me about it!! The 1st time Hailey did a long stretch of sleep I didnt sleep! I woke and realized it had been like 6 hours since she went to sleep. I instantly stared at her apnea monitor (a light blinks everytime she takes a breath and another light blinks for her heartbeats) watching the lights blink. i kept checkng the time and watching the lights. I know it will alarm me if she stops breathing for more than 20 seconds but I still watched and felt a slight panic when it had been several seconds since the last breathing blink! I would have turned on the light but my DH was sleeping too so I didnt.

I think my grey hairs will start coming in early....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"