November 2011 Moms
Options

NBR-Job advice needed

I'm really torn on what to do, and thought maybe an unbiased opion from you ladies would help.  Currently, I am working as a CPA in a small town tax firm (only 3 partners and 4 other employees).  Pay is decent, but benefits suck.  We have no group health insurance, so my family of 3 is paying $9k out of pocket a year for that.  However the plan is that I would become a partner in a couple years.  I don't know what this would to to my pay (honestly it doesn't seem like any of the partners have extremely nice houses or anything), but I'm not sure if this is what I want either.  Because it isn't all about money right?  Right now, tax season sucks, and I don't get to see DS much, but we get Fridays off from May-October.

Now on to my dilema, there is a job opening at the school for a CPA to do their accounting.  I feel like this would be almost equal or even better paying, plus awesome benefits.  I would get all the holidays, and be able to take time off no what what time of year it is.  Sounds like something I would like.  And I think being in the school system that my kids go to would be great, I could always "watch over them".  I would hate to apply and not get it, because in our small town, my employer could easily find out that I applied for another job.

Anyone feel like sharing advice, please help! Big Smile

Re: NBR-Job advice needed

• Options
    Well, it sounds like you've already made the decision. Go for it, girl!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelilpenguingurl17:

Haha...I know, as I was writing it out, that's exactly what I was thinking too...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is a no brainer. Good luck! I hope you get it!
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Go for it!  I think even if your current employer found out, s/he would understand the motivation for moving to the new job is your LO.  Or you could always explain it that way - "I love my job here (current company) but the opportunity to work closer to LO is something I couldn't pass up."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would try for it. You never know if you don't go! I'm sure it would be awkward if your boss found out that you were looking and you happen to not get the position. But saving 9K a year is just like a salary bump. Plus, some bosses try to sweeten the deal for you if they really want to keep you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well, I guess it's decided then Smile. Thanks for the great advice ladies!  I know I can always count on you guys!  I'll try keep you posted, I don't even know when they're taking applications yet.
  • Options

imagelilpenguingurl17:

Sounds like a no brainer!  

12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"