Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Shoe stores

So this might be a dumb question but I have to ask. Stores like foot locker that specialize in athletic shoes are their employees trained to properly fit shows? We have always bought stride rite for dd1 and we go to a mom and pop shoe store that has been around for many years. My husband is insisting she needs a pair of nike's. I just Wang to make sure they are going to fit her properly. I honestly cannot tell when I check her shoes. I tried once to fit her myself by buying online and the poof thing was wearing shoes that were too small for a couple of months.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

Re: Shoe stores

• Options
    My brother worked in the shoe department at a sports store and was trained in fitting.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

In the area where I live, I have found that the Stride Rite had trained shoe salespeople but the Foot Locker had dip$hit high school kids who didn't know which foot the sneaker went on.

That being said, I have had to return more than one pair of SRs when the trained salesperson pushed me into buying a shoe that was too big and clunky for my kid. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"