Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Do you still do Easter baskets? If so, what are you putting in them?

Hello ladies,

Are you still doing Easter baskets?  I am still doing them for DS (he's now 4 yrs old) and I wanted some ideas as to what to put in it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TIA Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you still do Easter baskets? If so, what are you putting in them?

• Options

Still?  We've barely started since they didn't understand it before.  I plan on doing them until they beg me to stop when they are in middle school...lol.  Heck, I got them in high school still.  

I'm putting in standard candy, bubbles, tattoos and little toys.  I'm hoping that the Easter  basket scented play dough favors I'm selling will do well this year.

• Options
    No "still" about it lol! MIL still makes a basket for each of her kids and their partners! We'll put candy in theirs and dole it out very slowly. Possibly one small toy as well. We don't do a big gift or anything, just grass and their favorite types of candy in Easter version (reese's eggs, the whoppers eggs, things like that). At MILs the bunny usually leaves me a bottle of my favorite wine that I won't buy for mysefl!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think I will be doing Easter baskets for DS until 6th grade.

I got DS the following:

1. Thomas the Train Movie (Amazon)

2. Ice Age (It has 2 movies in there) (Walmart)

3. Thomas the Train Easter Edition Wooden Train (Amazon)

4. Percy the Train wooden train (Amazon)

5. Easter book (Walmart)

6.  Bubbles (Walmart)

7. Water game (Walmart)

I still need:

1. Light up wand toy from Walgreen's

2. One Cadbury Chocolate Egg

3. One package of Peeps

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I plan on putting in DD's Easter basket a religious item (as usual - maybe a chocolate cross or something), her favorite candy, bubbles, side walk chalk, a small book and or a movie, a pair of pjs (if they are needed)

When she was younger I would put puffs, mum mums, yogurt melts, book, pjs and a relgious item and I will do this for DS this year

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

• Options

My girls get two Easter baskets - one from us, one from my parents. Last year from my parents they got a beach towel and bag, and from us they got a book and a chocolate cross.

This year I don't know what my mom is doing, but I am putting sunglasses and headbands in DD1's basket, and sunglasses and new sippy cups in DD2's basket. They'll both get a little chocolate treat, too. 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I still get a easter basket from my parentsStick out tongue

My DD is getting sidewalk chalk, bubbles, necklace set, hair ponies, a book, and candy.  Simple but enough!

• Options
    My last Easter basket was on my wedding day LOL. This will be the first year I really do one for DS, the previous years he got an empty one to use for his egg hunts. He's been super focused on the beach lately so I'm going to get him a sand castle bucket, shovel, sand sifters etc. I don't plan to do candy. Probably some plain cookies or something.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My kids are 8 and 12, and they're fully aware that I'm the Easter Bunny, but I still do baskets.  Why would you stop doing baskets now?  You're just getting to the fun age for stuff like this!! You're just getting to the point where the child understands and can really anticipate the holiday!

I don't go overboard.  In the past I've stocked the basket with: a new book, small craft kit or art supply, school supplies, little toys/action figures/trading cards, earrings or hair thingies for DD,  and of course candy.

I don't even go crazy with the candy. I will do a combo of candy along with special treats like favorite granola bar, gum, dried fruit, lunchbox snacks, etc. 

I probably spend around $20 per basket.  My kids both have a basket they use every year. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    I mean don't you just keep doing them forever and ever!? lol Yes we do do them and this year the baskets are going to be way toned down. I think lol My kids are spoiled and I want to cut back. Easter baskets will be something small
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I make small baskets for each kid. We don't give candy, but give yogurt covered raisins as a treat. I like to get gold coins from the bank. I usually will put in a few books and one small toy.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
  • Options
    I still get an Easter basket and I am 29. I don't fill them with candy. This year they are both getting some clothes, swirly straws, and a toy in their baskets.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options

Each holiday they get a toothbrush. I can usually find one specially made for the holiday. Both are getting a Hello Kitty dressed up as a bunny this yr. They will also get stickers and last yr, they rec'd a kite.

Between the neighborhood egg hunt and PS egg hunt they have more than enough candy. 

• Options

This year we will be out of town so we just finished putting it together. 

Here is what I put in :

Cars kite

Toy story throw blanket

chocolate

money

books

playdough  

Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

We started doing it last year when she really understood the concept of it. But she knows it's just a silly tradition and doesn't actually think there is a giant bunny somewhere hiding eggs.

This year is pretty special though. We have chickens, and decided that this spring we want to get a few ducks as well. Just so happens that the hatch date for the ducklings we are getting from the farm store is on Easter, so we'll be getting Easter ducklings. Its going to be so cute.

BUT I do not in any way suggest getting bunnies/chicks/ducklings for Easter. So many people do and end up dumping them later when they are not small and cute anymore, and it's really pretty sad.

We normally do plastic eggs with goldfish and fruit snacks in them, as well as a couple boiled/colored eggs from our chickens(new this year since our girls just started laying!!) and I'm going to sew her a stuffed rabbit.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"