Options

Mouth kissing little ones

2»

Re: Mouth kissing little ones

• Options
    PS- I don't think I'd ever let my kids share anything with an ant XD
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I kiss my son on the lips and plan to until that day comes when he is 7 or so and he turns to give me his cheek. 
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm just picturing the SNL skit now - haha. 

I come from a huggy family. We kissed on the lips when I was very little, but I've always been someone who needs my space so as I grew older I started turning to give family members my cheek. My dad says I get that from my grandmother. :) no one kisses on the lips anymore, just cheeks and hugs.  :)

• Options
    My toddler expects mouth kisses but I figure there will be a time when that goes away. I don't have an issue with baby kisses love them but I think I'll feel weird about kissing my 11 year old someday or even my parents on the mouth.
    imageimage
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I honestly never thought this was weird until reading this post/all the comments.  DH and I both come from very affectionate families and still kiss our family on the mouth (parents, grandparents, in laws, close family friends, it doesn't matter!).  I suppose it just matters what you're comfortable with, but I can't imagine us and our family not kissing on baby on the lips.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Im kind of surprised by this thread. I grew up in an affectionate family and still kiss my parents on the lips. I kiss other family and friends on the cheeks. I always kiss DS on the lips. DH grew up in a family where affection was not displayed openly, but even he lip kisses our DS now.

Now, I can see not choosing to do this if its not what you're used to, even viewing it as odd. But I'm shocked to hear people call it disgusting or imply that it's the behavior of pedifiles. It's simply a way of showing love. I hardly think that's dirty or inappropriate. Love is just love.
  • Options
    I still kiss my mom in the mouth and I kissed my gram too... It's just how our family is. once I got to about 7 I started kissing my dad on the cheek.

he may not warm up to the idea, but I don't think that's bad either... a kiss on the forehead can mean a lot too.
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"