Baby Showers
Options

3rd Tri Waa Fest

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/72473095.aspx

Cliff's Notes Version:

27 weeks pg, shower is this week.  Her family is local, his is 3 hours away and "only" his mother is attending the shower. 

MIL offered to host a shower closer to her side of the family if they couldn't make the 3 hour trip and MTB is complaining about making the drive.  (So, everyone should go to her, waa waa waa)

Somebody call the waaaaambulance.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3rd Tri Waa Fest

• Options
    And my girl crush on you continues, MandJS.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aaaaand someone just suggested Skyping the shower so the OOT people can watch.

Can you think of anything more dreadful that WATCHING a baby shower?

• Options
    imageMandJS:
    image526SadieSadie:

Aaaaand someone just suggested Skyping the shower so the OOT people can watch.

Can you think of anything more dreadful that WATCHING a baby shower?

FFS. 

Why the hell do people think a baby shower is such a big event??  I just don't get it.  It's a baby shower.  I give my regrets and move on if I can't attend.  I can't imagine any of my friends whining like that at my lack of attendance.  Jeez.

• Options

imagebrittbronkowski:
    So she's complaining because her inlaws don't wanna make a 3 hr trip for her shower, yet she won't make the same trip for a shower they want to plan for her? Gimme a break. She's needs to stfu.

Yeah, this is ridiculous... I mean I understand 3 hour drive, it sucks but if she doesn't want to make it then she has zero right to get upset that they don't. Personally if someone was going to throw me a shower 3hrs away, I'd grab a big ole bag of twizzlers, my boppy for my butt and settle in for the road trip!

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    That would be awful! I'd need a bottle of wine...no make that 2 bottles.
  • Options
    Side note: My IL's drove the 3hr round trip (FIL (MIL and FIL are divorced), AuntIL and GMIL) for my shower but couldn't be bothered to drive to see him after he was born. They suggested we drive the 3 hour trip at Christmas (they live up by Chicago, so it's not like there isn't bad weather that time of year) 3 weeks after I had a baby and a c/s. 

I didn't take this as a whoa is me, no one loves me...I took it as a "Whoa--my IL's just did something reallllly douchey" and I moved on. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    No one lived near me...friends were an hour, my family 1 1/2 hours, DH's family/friends were 3-6 hours away from where my shower was held.  Everyone but a couple of older aunts made it.  I would have no problem driving 3 hours to my own shower...or even a family/good friend shower for that matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"