October 2011 Moms
Options

Snow Day!

I know you are all jealous! Well, except Super.

8 inches on the ground with 5 more on the way.  The snow base was just starting to melt too.Crying

Looks like I'm stuck at home all day, DH is working from home and the kids have no school so that is a plus. 

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg

Re: Snow Day!

• Options
    We've also received a few with more on the way. At least warmer temps are on their way.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options

In a month it will all be over, hopefully! 

I can't wait to start digging in my yard.  I think I'm bypassing my vegetable garden this year because it took a lot of work, and I need a better location, or some tree removal.  I want to fix my lawn( bunch of ruts) and add some beds to the front yard.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going to start my first garden this Spring. I'm less than a green thumb, but I am determined. We have primo soil here in Iowa, so I feel I should take advantage.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    I am jealous. It has to snow around 5 to 6 feet with a very low temp drop before we get a snow day here.
    Have fun!
    Edited. It it's not 56 feet, it is 5 to 6 feet. Stupid bump mobile.
  • Options
    Yuck. I hate snow. We're under a winter storm warning tonight, too. I'm hoping it misses us. Didn't IN get the memo that it's March?!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm actually totally jealous. I would love to spend the day home with DD. I have a feeling that our office will close early, though.

Have fun.

• Options
    imageSuperDeDuper:

I should have declared a personal snow day today.  GAH!  I got snow in my shoes and slipped and pulled my groin to keep from falling while clearing the minimal space to get out of my driveway this morning.  (DH left at 4am for work, so any clearing he did was long gone by the time T and I were leaving.)   The commute took forever and now I'm at work with wet socks. 

I hate wet socks. 

Penny, I'm jealous of your snow day!  If I had half a brain cell I would have called in this morning and just used a day of vacation. 

If I was scheduled to work I would have gone in too.  We get 9 "occurrences" or sick days (if you are late it counts as half an occurrence too) in a rolling year before we get canned. 

• Options
    Ah man! I am so jealous! We never, ever get snow days! We got a bunch of snow last night and were under a snow fall warning last night! But I still had to go to work! Enjoy your snow day and extra family time!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

lol at the batman thing!

I'm in the magical area where they're not quite sure what we're going to get from this storm. We could get 1-3 inches or we could get 6-12 inches. No one knows. We shall see. 

This is my last week of being unemployed (yay!) so I hope that we don't get too much because there's stuff I want to do tomorrow. 

• Options
    imageSuperDeDuper:

I should have declared a personal snow day today.  GAH!  I got snow in my shoes and slipped and pulled my groin to keep from falling while clearing the minimal space to get out of my driveway this morning.  (DH left at 4am for work, so any clearing he did was long gone by the time T and I were leaving.)   The commute took forever and now I'm at work with wet socks. 

I hate wet socks. 

Penny, I'm jealous of your snow day!  If I had half a brain cell I would have called in this morning and just used a day of vacation. 

I was pretty jealous until I read this.  I forgot about how not fun it is to walk in icy conditions.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageSuperDeDuper:

imagewishful thinkin:
    We are expecting 48 inches Wednesday.

Indifferent

Please, please, for the love of all things good in this world, tell me that you're missing a - between the 4 and the 8. 

Mobile bump ruins everything!  Not sure why TB can't just fix the punctuation mistakes?

Anyway, I think she meant 4-8 because that is what we are supposed to get here too.  Booo no more snow!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"