Parenting

Garage door just opened on its own at 3am....

Totally creeped out! 

DH was  in the kitchen and he heard our garage door open.

So, it either malfunctioned, someone has an opener with the same frequency as ours, someone found out the code for the keypad outside, or someone got a hold of one of our openers.

I'm so weirded out by the whole thing. 

ETA: DH cut power to it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)

Re: Garage door just opened on its own at 3am....

• That's creepy as heck! 
  • Ours did that when it went on the fritz. It still freaked me out though.
    DS1 November 2009
    DS2 August 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLaylaPartDeux:
    Ours did that when it went on the fritz. It still freaked me out though.

that's  the nice part about renting. We get to call our landlord and  this becomes his problem/expense. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • I'd be changing the code on that first thing in the morning. Also, you can change the opener pretty easily on your own for cheap if you think it's a frequency thing. Eek!
  • That's really creepy, I would've freaked out!
    Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

• That's happened to us before. The system needed to be reset. I don't remember the instructions exactly. I had to hold the button on the garage unit, wait until the light flashed, press the button on the remote and then press the unit button again or something like that. It's in the manual.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • That is creepy. I would be freaked out also. Our alarm is set to ake a "ding" noise whenever any of the outside doors or windows are opened. One day, while I was on nights, so I was sleeping during the day, I hear the noise go off. I literally checked every window and door and could never figure out what set it off. It's happened several other times. Creepy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLuckie519:
    That is creepy. I would be freaked out also. Our alarm is set to ake a "ding" noise whenever any of the outside doors or windows are opened. One day, while I was on nights, so I was sleeping during the day, I hear the noise go off. I literally checked every window and door and could never figure out what set it off. It's happened several other times. Creepy.
    My parent's house does that too. We've had some creepy incidents like that over the last couple of years. I think most of the nighttime ones are my sister sneaking out though.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • imageFormerlyKrista555:

imageLaylaPartDeux:
    Ours did that when it went on the fritz. It still freaked me out though.

that's  the nice part about renting. We get to call our landlord and  this becomes his problem/expense. 

That is super creepy.  And with y'all being renters, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else had one of your garage remotes.  Eeeek. 

Mom to two beautiful girls and forever labor buddy to the fab lady MandaPanda518!
  • I used to get my ceiling fan turned on [it was on remote] by itself, we figured out it was on the same frequency as a neighbours garage door opener. Creepy.
    SQUIRREL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"