Babies: 6 - 9 Months

8-9 month sleep regression...help me!

I used to have the perfect baby.  She started sleeping through the night at 10 weeks.  Until recently.  Now she's up 2-4 times a night and I don't know how to fix this!

She naps perfectly during the day.  Morning nap is 1-2 hours.  afternoon nap is 2-3 hours. 

She goes to sleep fine around 7:30 each night.  

The past few weeks though she's been waking up crying around 10 or 11pm.  I will go in and nurse her a bit...10 minutes max and put her back down.

Then it happens again around 2 or 3am.  Sometimes more frequently.  Sometimes I'll put her back down, go back to my room, and 5 minutes later she's up crying again.

I'm so exhausted and almost at the end of my rope. 

Last night I tried to let her CIO and lasted 10 minutes.  Finally we went for a drive to put her back to sleep and she slept the rest of the night in her carseat! 

How do I deal with this?  I think she may be teething as well.  I need help.  I feel like a complete failure.   

So happy for my BFPB Steff13914 and her new twins! Welcome to the world sweet babies:) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 8-9 month sleep regression...help me!

• Why are you being so hard on yourself? Give yourself and your kid a break. If she's been perfect up till now then keep in mind that it's a phase and do what you have to comfort her.

We are going through the same. The developmental leap at this age is a huge one. It'd keep anyone awake. Give it time to pass as it surely will. You need to put it in perspective! So many moms' LOs have never slept so please don't wig out over a blip.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecatmtl:
    Why are you being so hard on yourself? Give yourself and your kid a break. If she's been perfect up till now then keep in mind that it's a phase and do what you have to comfort her. We are going through the same. The developmental leap at this age is a huge one. It'd keep anyone awake. Give it time to pass as it surely will. You need to put it in perspective! So many moms' LOs have never slept so please don't wig out over a blip.

You're right, I'm just stressed.  Is this something I just need to wait out and let pass on it's own or should I be trying to do some sort of sleep training method?

So happy for my BFPB Steff13914 and her new twins! Welcome to the world sweet babies:) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelmj8284:

The developmental leap at this age is a huge one. It'd keep anyone awake. Give it time to pass as it surely will.

She is so right about this. It mostly affected my son's naps and temperament during the day, since we had just recently buckled down with the nighttime sleep training. He got through the leap and immediately started sleeping and behaving normally. 

Give it a few weeks and if things don't go back to normal, there are all sorts of sleep training methods you can investigate.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am right there with you. I was up 3 times last night. Its going to end! It has to right?

I am just trying to hang in there too. My DD has changed so much this past 6 weeks I am not surprised she is too excited to sleep. I know that she will one day be 2 or 3 or 4 and not want to stay asleep all night... its a kid thing I guess!

I hope you get more rest. I have no advice, but you are not awake all night alone!

GL! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • we are going though this now too! In 3 weeks DS has learned to roll over--back to belly (i know he was a little late..he was very stubborn about it); sit up, creep (crawling on all fours belly off the ground)  and pull himself up all the way to his feet.

Now that he can do this he won't stay down long enough to fall asleep. 

On top of that he has a head cold and is all stuffed up!

I am praying that the time change doesn't (excuse the phrase) F-up his schedule even more...we are trying to transition him a bit by moving bed time up a little until Sunday and then slowly move it back...I am so exhausted...I'll pray for you if you pray for me!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• imageNSYoder26:

we are going though this now too! In 3 weeks DS has learned to roll over--back to belly (i know he was a little late..he was very stubborn about it); sit up, creep (crawling on all fours belly off the ground)  and pull himself up all the way to his feet.

Now that he can do this he won't stay down long enough to fall asleep. 

On top of that he has a head cold and is all stuffed up!

I am praying that the time change doesn't (excuse the phrase) F-up his schedule even more...we are trying to transition him a bit by moving bed time up a little until Sunday and then slowly move it back...I am so exhausted...I'll pray for you if you pray for me!

You have a deal!  Thank you everyone for your responses.  Nice to know I'm not alone:)

• imagelmj8284:

imagecatmtl:
    Why are you being so hard on yourself? Give yourself and your kid a break. If she's been perfect up till now then keep in mind that it's a phase and do what you have to comfort her. We are going through the same. The developmental leap at this age is a huge one. It'd keep anyone awake. Give it time to pass as it surely will. You need to put it in perspective! So many moms' LOs have never slept so please don't wig out over a blip.

You're right, I'm just stressed.  Is this something I just need to wait out and let pass on it's own or should I be trying to do some sort of sleep training method?

I do believe it will pass. If she's been a great sleeper up till now then all the more reason to be confident that it's only temporary! She has learned and set up great habits for the last 8 months - it's  a solid foundation that she'll likely revert to once she has mastered her new skills. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"