Military Families

Ramstein Germany?

Is anyone in Ramstein? We just got orders and are supposed to move in August. I have two little ones ages 3 and six months. I have so many questions about the move it will be our first PCS!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ramstein Germany?

• We have been here about 7 months and really love it.  It is definitely a more challenging PCS than stateside but you have plenty of time to get ready for the move.  Feel free to ask any questions!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm not on ramstein but in baumholder which is pretty close. It was our first pcs and it can be stressful. It can take a little while for household goods to come on but you can borrow stuff from the lending closet. You'll love Germany. I know we do. The food is so good and the Germans are so nice. And they a lot of them speak English which makes things easier. I would still try and learn a little German bc they appreciate the effort. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never been stationed there, but my good friend is about to PCS there. She's been stationed there once before and loved it so much she requested the assignment to go back.

I've been to Germany several times and love it I think you'll be really happy.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So jealous! I was in Wiesbaden and loved it. I loved Gemany and really want to go back.  The base in Ramstein is really nice and pretty big (at least compared to Wiesbaden)

• We are currently at Spangdahlem and we like it a lot here so far! It was our first PCS ever, and there have definitely been some challenges with it, but overall it's been good.

Best of luck! :-) 

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
  •  We just moved to Spangdahlem a couple months ago. It has been fun so far, and very different. Just make sure you get out and about. Get comfortable with the world outside of base.
  • jb2rnjb2rn member

We live in Stuttgart, in southwest Germany. Have been here 18 months. It's certainly been more challenging, but I think the good outweighs the bad.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• We've lived in Ramstein for almost 3 years now.  Due to PCS in Oct.  but that is changing now that we have a baby due a week before our DEROS.  Ask away and I will help as much as I can.  
    October Siggy Challenge

Image result for horrible pregnancy halloween costumes

Oct 15 Glitter Bunnies

• What were the biggest challenges? This is my first PCS. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"