Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Is Saint Clair Hospital in Pittsburgh DoulaFriendly?

I'm currently going to the Bulseco and Associates in McMurray for my OB. I love them. They deliver out of Saint Clair Hospital. I was wondering has anyone had one of them deliver and are they doulafriendly? I'm considering getting a doula and want to make sure that this group is okay with it.

Re: Is Saint Clair Hospital in Pittsburgh DoulaFriendly?

• Options
    I'm not sure if that hospital is doula friendly but I suggest talking to the doulas.  They know SOO many doctors and hospitals they will be able to tell you first had their experiences at different hospitals and with different practices.  I used Heart and Hands doula services with my 2nd son.  I went to a "meet the doulas" night and they basically asked everyone which practice they were with and could name off Dr names just by the name of the practice.  They also tend to have certain allowances at some hospitals more than others.  Just a thought.  Good luck!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know about doulas but st Clair hospital is amazing!!! I also go to Bulseco and I delivered my first baby at st Clair. The nurses are excellent and very empathetic. They made my experience perfect! I could not have been happier there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Delivered my first at st Clair and it was amazing!! I went to Magee for the first 34 wks and hated itI cried every visit. I begged rankin/Warner to take me and they did at 35 weeks! They were great and accomadatig and I didn't just feel like a number. All nurses and doctors and lactation consultants...even aides and janitors were sweet. 8 wks along and wouldn't Consider delivering anywhere else!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"