Maine Babies
Options

When did you deliver?

Hello SAL Moms and might I add - great board!      

I have 2 quick questions:

1) How many weeks / days were you when you delivered?  AND  2) Do you feel that any old wives tales actually did the trick with bringing on labor. If so, please let me know which ones worked!!!

Even though I know it is very common for 1st time moms to deliver late, I feel myself starting to get very fearful that I will still be pregnant well after my due date. My OB practice does not do internals and so I have no idea if my body has made any progress what so ever.

TIA!!

Re: When did you deliver?

• Options

hi!! ?can't wait to "meet" your baby! :)

1. finnegan was born at 38w6d

2. unfortunately, no. ?what i can tell you, though, is that the day before he was born he was extra quiet...so much so that we went to l&d to get checked out. ?also, i couldn't sleep the 2 nights before. ?i was just wide awake all through the night. ?it was normal for me to constantly wake up to pee but those 2 nights i would wake up and couldn't get back to sleep.

good luck!!!?

?

• Options

1. 40 weeks 6 days

2. I tried ALL the old wives tales. The night I finally went into labor I:

*had sex

*drove on a bumpy road

*ate spicy food

*drank raspberry leaf tea

*walked a TON

*stimulated nipples with and without a breast pump

*took evening primrose oil

I don't know what it was that finally put me into labor. It's was probably just that DD was finally ready to come out and meet us! GL -- I know the end is so hard. You are almost there!! :)?

?

?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

41w I was induced so nothing helped :(  My induction worked well though.

Janine image image image
  • Options

I went into labor on my own at 41w5d, but would have been induced the next morning.

The OWT are all a load of crap as far as I can tell.  I swear I tried everything.  I was basically 10 months pg in the heat of late summer.  No one wanted to go into labor more than me at that point...  Stick out tongue

Hang in there & hope to see you over here soon!

• Options

1. 39 weeks exactly and she is my first

2. Nope. ?

• Options

1) kaylee was born depending on your estimates:

the OB said i was due January 7th... so i would have been 38.5 weeks
    the U/S and my CBEFM said i was due January 1st... so i would have been 39 weeks (2 days before my due date)

2) the only thing that worked for us was lots of walking, ankle and foot massage (there are tons of pressure points that stimulate uterine contractions that can turn into labor) and drinking rasperry leaf tea... has to be the LEAF tea... 

for what its worth: i had no progress 2 days before i delivered... NONE at all... my OB was pretty sure i'd go at least a week over due, and was actually in denial the first 3 times i called to tell them i was in early labor... luckily after much persisting i got checked and had gone from 0 to 2cm and full efaced, at which time they admitted me, broke my water and 9 hours later DD was born... 

try not to be hard on yourself, nature will take its course... that baby can't stay in there for ever, and not much that you can do will help get things started if your body hasn't started getting ready on its own. 

did you ever check your cervix while you were TTC? if you put one foot up on the side of the bath tub you might still be able to reach it (i could barely since it was so low) and the finger rule still applies, fingertip - full finger width - and at 2 fingers you NEED TO CALL and head to L&D! lol 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1 - I was 40 wks, 5 days

2 - Nipple stimulation worked for me. Whoa, did they ever. Contractions started after about 30 minutes. Unfortunately, I went on to have painful, heavy prelabor contractions for 5-6 days! I didn't sleep 5 nights in row before I finally gave birth! So I'm not sure I would try that again.

• Options

1) I delivered on my due date.  40 weeks exactly!

2) Nothing worked for me, except having a wicked stomach virus the weekend before I delivered.  Not an approach I'd recommend.

Hope your little one makes an entrance soon!

• Options

1. My water broke at 38 weeks- I was already 4cm dilated by then.

2. I don't know...this was my 3rd baby and he was huge, so there's no telling whether the tactics I used helped or if DS was destined to come at 38 weeks. But I spent a lot of time trying to "open up" my pelvis by sitting on my exercise ball. This also helped with my back pain. And one day while walking the dog in cold weather, I accidentally discovered that walking very, very quickly would bring on contractions. So I started walking the dog very, very quickly each day. I went from 1cm to 4cm in less than a week doing this, but again, who knows if it was just a coincidence.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"