February 2013 Moms
Options

Mom vent

My mom and I don't have a very good relationship. She became verbally abusive toward me in high school after my sister died in a car accident, so I moved to Southern California for college and stayed here after. Since then we have become more civil but she never fails to point out how I'm making a "bad decision". When I found out I was pregnant and told her she literally screamed and hung up on me, then kept telling me for the next few months how difficult and expensive having a baby was going to be.

By the end of my pregnancy she came around and was showing a lot more support. But now she won't leave me alone! She's seriously acting like she's the one who had the baby. When she was still here after DD was born, she was already asking when she could visit again. I told her we would find a time that was convenient. So tonight, when she hasn't even been gone for a week, she calls but I didn't hear my phone. An hour later she texts me to tell me she booked a flight and hotel for 2 weeks from now. Now she's mad because I told her we are busy on those days (FI has to go to court), and we really wanted some time without visitors. And I'm irritated that she couldn't even wait for a response from me before she booked the flight. It's honestly at a point where my FI is concerned that she would try and take DD. I know she's not psychotic and wouldn't do that, but Jesus give me some space! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mom vent

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"