Multiples
Options

tandem feeding with bottles question...

Does anyone tandem feed in their bed?  Normally my H feeds one baby at night, but I am taking on both now and would like to stay in my bedroom.  I tried it with boppys and didn't go well.  Just wondering if anyone feeds both in their bed at night. Thanks in advance!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker < br > image

Re: tandem feeding with bottles question...

• Options
    I asked this back before I had the babies and generally unless you sit up, it is hard. There is some lady who is really into natural parenting who had a blog post about doing it basically a reclining pillow and then pillows under both arms but her husband had to bring her the babies and having been pinned onto position with just one baby makes that sound like hell to me but it could work I guess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I will occasionally do this when the girls want to eat really early. I have to sit up completely to use MBF, but what I found worked better was wrapping my Snoogle pregnancy body pillow around me. I have it wrapped so the two ends overlap in front of me, and I can pull it tight so there is no gap for them to fall into like with the MBF. I threw another pillow behind my back and was able to recline while feeding them.
    After 5 TI Clomid cycles, 5 IUIs, and 2 IVFs we finally got our BFP!
    Beta#1 (12dp3dt)= 353, Beta#2 (15dp3dt)= 1466, Beta#3 (22dp3dt)= 14,139, First u/s: TWINS!!
    After 10 weeks of bedrest, our two little ladies joined us at 28w6d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do this every night, and I'm almost 100% sure I'm breaking all sorts of "don't do it like this!" rules, but it works for us. We both get up with the boys and bring them into our bed, but I've also done it solo when my husband was out of town. We lay them on some pillows to prop up their upper bodies, and then give them bottles while we're semi-reclined on our sides. I don't feel like they're any less reclined than they would be cradled in our arms. It's also easy to tandem feed them this way with one person, because you just pop a bottle in each mouth and hold them there (I've never propped bottles), with breaks to wipe mouths and burp.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagechels38026:
    I will occasionally do this when the girls want to eat really early. I have to sit up completely to use MBF, but what I found worked better was wrapping my Snoogle pregnancy body pillow around me. I have it wrapped so the two ends overlap in front of me, and I can pull it tight so there is no gap for them to fall into like with the MBF. I threw another pillow behind my back and was able to recline while feeding them.

Sorry! I was on the mobile site before and could not see that you were asking about bottle feeding in the subject line.
    After 5 TI Clomid cycles, 5 IUIs, and 2 IVFs we finally got our BFP!
    Beta#1 (12dp3dt)= 353, Beta#2 (15dp3dt)= 1466, Beta#3 (22dp3dt)= 14,139, First u/s: TWINS!!
    After 10 weeks of bedrest, our two little ladies joined us at 28w6d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"