April 2013 Moms
Options

Annnnd I think I'm done spending $$ for the time being.

Still need  breast pump (covered by insurance after 4/1), and WANT (don't need) a video baby monitor... but other than that, after ordering a breastfriend nursing pillow from Target.com and receiving 2 nursing camis and a nursing pj set from Amazon.com today, I think I am FINALLY done spending money on baby prep.  I've been shopping up a storm for the past couple of months -- I know, I know, all you need is a crib and diapers and a carseat and some clothes, but that's not really how I roll .;-)  

I am waiting for one more shipment from Target.com that has some changer covers and a swaddle in it, but I think that I am, finally, done with prep work.  Whew.  Tomorrow is all about packing the hospital bag and assembling either the P n P or the snuggamonkey bouncer...  everything for baby has been laundered and is ready to go!   Woohoooo!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Annnnd I think I'm done spending $$ for the time being.

• Options

Oh, wow! You're so on top of everything! I'm kind of jealous!

And here I was all excited that my diaper bag of all things came in today; at least I have the excuse that I'm still waiting for my showers, but I so wish I was in your position right now instead!

Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebibliophileemily:

Oh, wow! You're so on top of everything! I'm kind of jealous!

And here I was all excited that my diaper bag of all things came in today; at least I have the excuse that I'm still waiting for my showers, but I so wish I was in your position right now instead!

I'm definitely a planner (literally: that's my job title).  I've had my showers already though, and I work for Target so I did a lot of early buying during the baby sale, cuz I could combine my employee discount with the sale pricing... but yes, I'm definitely prepared... with STUFF anyway, not sure yet about the "having a kid" part.  Haha.  My friend joked tonight that I was probably about to start filling out the baby's college applications.  Haha.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally feel you. Baby shopping/preparing is SO much fun!! :) We have a few Amazon packages coming in the next day or two and I can't wait.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just got scolded in the car because I went a little too crazy at Babies R Us, but its for the baby.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imageprincipessa81:
    I totally feel you. Baby shopping/preparing is SO much fun!! :) We have a few Amazon packages coming in the next day or two and I can't wait.

we are waiting for a few things to arrive too! It's seriously like Christmas! 

• Options

We haven't bought much yet, but we're moving (that's right, ONE week!!!!!) and my showers are on the 2nd and the 16th of March.  After that, it's shopping spree time!  The nursery should be painted and ready to set up by then. Good thing we're not due until 4/30...  Not cutting it close at all!  Indifferent

You girls are all so freaking prepared.  I love seeing everyone's nurseries!  Crazy that we're almost there!

• Options
    I think you should totally get the video monitor! I love ours! It helps with the paranoia big time and keeps me from running in the room to make sure he's okay, or seeing what that weird noise he made was. Plus he's so adorable to watch when he's sleeping :

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options

I was going to get a baby monitor, but our apartment is 850 square feet. I can hear the cats eating from the other side of the apartment. It was this realization that made me realize I don't really *need* a monitor.

That being said, we have the breast pump and some small things (bottles, for one) to get. But we are almost there. Nursery is getting painted this weekend!

-Jackie "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" - John Lennon
  • Options
    Congrats on being (almost) done! I'm so jealous! I am way behind. My shower isn't until March 16th, so I haven't bought much of anything yet, and the nursery is still under construction. Yikes! The clock is ticking.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 08/11/2012, DD#1 born 04/18/2013
    BFP 01/01/2015, EDD 09/07/2015, CP
    BFP 10/09/2015, EDD 06/01/2016, MC @ 7 weeks
    BFP 03/12/2016, DD#2 born 11/15/2016
    BFP 01/28/2019, EDD 09/29/2019
  • Options
    I have had to sit tight on the final stuff b/c my shower is tomorrow and it is KILLING me!!! :) I'm jelly that you are that far ahead. I can promise you though, on Sunday, I will be online comparing prices between Amazon and BRU, using my BRU completion coupon and finalizing everything between the two sites w/a big fat order guaranteed to give my DH a heart attack (he's our budget master) :)
  • Options
    I wish I was done, I haven't even started! DH didn't want me to buy a lot until after the showers because he is delusional and thinks we'll get most of what we need. I can't get him to understand that will most likely NOT happen. One of my showers is tomorrow (Yay!) but the other shower is 4/6! Thankfully I'm an end of April due date so I'll be able to finish getting what we need that weekend, but still! Nothing like cutting it close!
    Sara B BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Way to be so prepared. I'm also a planner (i.e. control freak, for me) but have had to sit on my hands waiting for my shower. My "surprise" shower is next weekend. That being said, baby has a place to sleep, a car seat and clothes so if she were to come today, I think we'd be fine. Can't wait to get it all done!
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Congrats on being ready!

I'm in the same boat- been on a spending spree for a week now, but made my last purchase yesterday (the coach diaper bag at 70% off) and am waiting for a few shipments from Amazon with receiving blankets and cloth diapers (I'm excited to play with those, but know that excitement will fade very quickly!)

I say yes on the video monitor, we were gifted one very early and DH has played with it a little; we are excited to use it for piece of mind during alone time, and after LO goes to his own room and I'm panicking about it.  

• Options
    I'm with you - DONE SPENDING MONEY!

I have everything we need!  Just waiting on a few items to get here in the mail, mostly nursery decor.  Name letters, stuff for shelves and a diaper bag.

But we are ready over this way!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Oh I'll probably get one, I just know it is definitely in the "want" category vs a true need.

I want one with wifi / iPhone connectivity.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"