June 2013 Moms
Options

Recommend your favorite baby sling/wrap?

After seeing the post earlier about how many moms and dads are into carriers, I'm getting interested in one for our LO. My problem: as a FTM, I am floored by the sheer number of different products out there in this category.
Help? TIA :)

Re: Recommend your favorite baby sling/wrap?

• Options
    I didn't do a sling or wrap, I got an Ergo and LOVED it, we will certainly be using it with this LO. I had friends that used a Moby wrap and liked it, their only negative feedback was that it stretched out over time. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for asking - I wanna know too!  I'm also curious about how hot these things are (for mom & baby), because I live in Texas, and, well, our goal here is to hear as few layers as possible during the summer!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a FTM too and I decided to go with the Ergo vs. baby bjorn based on reviews says Ergo is safer for baby hip development and videos I watched on YouTube. Try watching videos. It was helpful to see moms and dads putting it on and taking it off. It made it easier for me to decide what would work for me. My only concern is whether the ergo will fit my DH since he's tall and broad. I think we'll go to a store soon so both of us can try it on. Good luck!
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I loved our ring sling (sling ezee brand) because of the versatility in types of carrying, and because it was really quick to get baby in and out of. After he got bigger (like 18m+), I started using the Ergo more, but I used the ring sling occasionally till he was about 2.5.
  • Options

I have an Ergo, a Moby and a Sakura Bloom sling.  I love all of them for different reasons.  

For the TX living person, it honestly is really hard to wear a baby in the heat.  We lived in San Antonio when DS2 was born (in July:) and babywearing was not always feasible.  Indoors, early mornings and evenings are when I did it the most, otherwise he would end up with a heat rash.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"