Stay at Home Moms
Options

Update: 1st week working part-time!

If anyone remembers- I posted a while back about being offered a part-time flexible position in my field from an associate that I worked with a few years back.... it came out of no where- sort of "meant to be"... so I accepted it!!   I started this past week.  

While it has been tough to leave my boys 2 days a week, I know they are in AMAZING hands, with my mom... and I actually enjoy what I am doing in the office.  It's also nice to hear that my colleagues (and bosses) notice my hard work (ALREADY!)... apparently singing my praises and on my 2nd day in the office, they offered me a Management position!!  

While I would LOVE to take the promotion and kill it in the office... I know it's not the right decision for my family at this time. It is a tough decision to come to (so tempting!).... but I know that my boys will only be babies for a short time- and I plan on being there for every moment <3<3 

I asked for the salary/benefit information so that I can make an informed decision, but I doubt it will change my mind.  I have been very open with them, and they know it's unlikely that I will accept.... but they wanted to put it "out there" in case I wanted it- because they want me to want it LOL.  They aren't pressuring me, though- and if I don't take it, it doesn't rule out me taking the position in the future (if/when the hired person leaves, etc)... that's my ultimate goal (YEARS out).

Okay- just felt the need to get it out there!!  It was a good week, very nice to be complimented and noticed within a DAY of working that I am doing such a wonderful job.... I just feel torn between my personal/family values of SAH, and career-driven goals (that I never knew I had!) of going from an assistant to being in management and having a career!

Ugh! 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"