May 2013 Moms
Options

Has anyone been to Once Upon A Child?

I'm wanting to sell a lot of the girl clothes I won't be needing to make room for the stuff we will need. I was just wondering if they have fair trade in prices. And I have some stuff that isn't name brand but really super cute and I'm wondering if they'll still take those.

Thanks! 

Re: Has anyone been to Once Upon A Child?

• Options
    I haven't yet, but plan to for stuff that inevitably DD will never get a chance to wear. Very curious to see the feedback on this topic.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

they can be really picky - but then you'll see a bunch of stuff for sale that doesn't look as nice as the stuff they just turned down.  I think it all depends on who you get looking through your clothes.  (That said - if they turn down a bunch of stuff, I'd go back another day to a different worker to see if they'd take more)

As far as fair trade in - I can't remember how much I got and if the value was good, I mostly just wanted to unload the decent hand-me-downs I was given but didn't want or use.  

OUAC does have a TON of inventory and I think they have the best selection of gently used shoes compared to smaller shops. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

All of the reviews I have seen for Once Upon a Child on Google (3 local ones) say they are terrible when it comes to selling your clothes to them.  One of my good friends went to sell some stuff the other day and said it was awful. 

I personally think you'd make more money selling it as a lot on Craigslist or Ebay based on what I've heard/read.

I LOVE Once Upon a Child for buying stuff though :)

BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly it depends, they are generally locally owned. I know mine will give you less in cash than they do store credit. If I do trade in clothes, I get store credit so I can use it when they do their what ever you can stuff in a bag for $10 sale.
  • Options
    You might also check in your area to see if they have a "Just Between Friends" annual sale. Google it. They're huge and pretty cool . You may get a better return on your items that way...
  • Options
    kcwnckcwnc member
    There are several baby and kids facebook groups in my area for resale. I've gotten some great deals and have seen my friends sell what they aren't using anymore on there. Try looking by a local city or county group name.
  • Options

Thank you for all the responses! I am going to look for that facebook community and see if I can sell some of it.

I'm not really too worried about how much I get in $, I mostly want store credit, so hopefully I'll get more. I'm going tomorrow so I'll post about it then. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"