Health & Exercise
Options

Stretch Marks

OK, right off the bat, I know that there is nothing out there guaranteed to prevent stretch marks.  So I am not looking for a miracle cure here.

But trying to surf through product reviews on amazon is just not helpful so I am just asking- is there anything you used to massage/oil/lotion your skin that maybe helped with stretch marks?

Mostly I am just uncomfortable as my stomach is stretching and would like something that moisturizes and helps with itching- safe, too!  Someone was saying the burt's bees mama bee lotion has stuff in it that's used in ant traps... yikes.  Just looking for some recommendations.  Something soothing, pleasant, that really is unscented or has a slight odor.  Thanks in advance!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Stretch Marks

• Options

Early on in my pregnancy I went to the dermatologist because my skin was itching so bad it burned.  Prior to going I tried pure cocoa butter, essential oils, etc.  My doctor said oils aren't sufficient and I needed something more moisturizing.  He gave me samples of Cerave and Aveeno Eczema Therapy (the non baby one).  I've been using them ever since.  I tend to prefer the Cerave (it's a bit less costly), but they pretty much perform the same...very moisturizing and non-greasy.  I can't recommend either product enough.  

No stretch marks yet...knock on wood.  I still worry, however, because I hear of women getting them in weeks 39, 40 and right after birth.   

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I was using cocoa butter and got stretch marks. Now I use Bio Oil twice daily (morning and night) and cocoa butter in the middle of the day. I haven't gotten any new ones in the time since using Bio Oil. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I mixed Bio-Oil and cocoa butter lotion and covered my stomach and hips each night. In the morning I used just cocoa butter since the Bio-Oil was a little greasy.  I got one tiny little stretch mark above my belly button and you can barely see it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used Bio-oil all throughout my pregnancy and I still got stretch marks.

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I honestly think it is just luck of the draw.  I used Palmers daily (when I thought of it) thought my pregnancy and didn't have any stretch marks.  Part of me believes that it is because I had skin to 'grow into' I guess.  Now, however, I have this hanging skin that I just can't figure out how to get rid of!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Avoid lotions that contain petrochemicals. Also dimethicone, alcohol, mineral oil and other things that are harmful to the skin that seem to be in almost all popular brands. I use Shea Moisture baby lotion on my body. It is cruelty free, organic and all natural and does not contain any toxic or harmful substances. I get it in the baby aisle at Target for $10.

The consistency is wonderful, nice and thick like a butter. I put it on right after my shower, then I apply a second layer over my belly, hips and lower back just to make sure I am extra hydrated on the skin that is most likely to stretch. I pamper myself with some extra rubbing, as I know that brings more blood and oxygen to the skin surface and helps replenish collagen. 

• Options

Ive read that bio oil is not safe for the baby.

I bought the product below and am at 27 weeks with no stretch marks (knock wood) butttt i have only gained under 10 lbs (but it is almost all in my belly). I have been skinny my whole life so i would assume i am more prone to stretch marks because my skin has never stretched before? Who knows. Just praying i dont get them

https://www.amazon.com/Mama-Mio-Stretch-prevent-pregnancy/dp/B000OZF8W6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363199263&sr=8-1&keywords=mama+mio+tummy+rub+stretch+mark+oil

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"