Trying to Get Pregnant

Long time lurker intro

Hi everyone!

I hope you'll let me join you! I've been a long time lurker of this board for quite awhile. You ladies know your shiit when it comes to charting so I think this is a great place for me to hang out so I can learn what's going on with my cycle too!

Here's the lowdown- DH and I are both 27, married in 2009 and have 3 dogs who are the loves of my life. I am finishing up my last pack of BCPs (10 days left, who's counting?) I've been on ortho tri-lo for almost 9 years. We are not trying trying to get pregnant. If it happens, great, if not, we aren't in a huge hurry. But I do want to know what is going on with my cycle so we can be more prepared for anything life throws at us Wink

For those of you who came off the pill, do you have any advice on anything I should do beforehand? Is there anything in particular I can expect, or does it vary from person to person? I know it may take quite awhile for my periods to regulate. I also know not to panic unless I hit day 60 with no AF. I have a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and I read the newbie link! Anything else?

I hope to get to know all you ladies better and I will do my best not to have massive brain farts and ask stupid questions. Best wishes to all of you as well!

imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Long time lurker intro

• Welcome! I went off BCP in November after being on it for 9 years. I was very fortunate and have had regular cycles right away. It can take a while for your body to regulate, but you could be lucky. Everyone is different. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image   image
  • I don't have any advice regarding BCPs because I've never used them, but I wanted to say welcome and good luck! Your dogs are super cute :)
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• Loading the player...
  • I went off BCP after 5 years of use and my cycles went back to fairly regular. They've varied in length from 26 - 41 days and I'm on my 4th cycle off BCP. I started charting and temping immediately with that last withdrawal bleed and I'm glad I did because I was able to see that I started ovulating again with that first cycle. I didn't experience any weird symptoms off the BCP so that was good. Hopefully you have good luck off the BCP like I did :)
  • I'm glad to hear most of you haven't had anything super crazy happen. I can deal with a little weight gain, a pimple, and whatnot. I'm just nervous about charting and screwing it up. I know it'll take awhile to know exactly what to do. I need to buy a thermometer still.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• imageHatchetFace:
    Welcome! I really think it varies from person to person. My cycle went back to normal right away, some women take a few months to regulate. I gained some weight coming off the pill, so that kind of sucked. But other than that, it was a pretty smooth transition. Good luck!

same for me, I was on it for 17 years!

Welcome and good luck!

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since 0ct. 2011
    Me-34,DH-34
    Dx:Hypothyroidism 2008
    HSG- All clear CD 3 bloodwork normal
    SA- Abnormal Dx:MFI
    DH on 50mg Clomid 3x week
    BFP#1- 1/21/13 CP 1/24/13
    Cycle 18,19 & 20 50mg Clomid+trigger+IUI= All BFFN
    Cycle 21-25 Taking a break for now, still HIO Hoping!
    Moving onto IVF Next AF
    (PAIF/SAIF Welcome)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Welcome:) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"