Cloth Diapering
Options

Wool

How many wool pull ons do you have if using them over fitteds for ON? I'm putting in an order for a NB one and since they only need to be cleaned, and thus briefly taken out of rotation, every 2-3 weeks, I'm wondering if I can get away with just one for now and waiting until we're in the small size to purchase another? What do you say - buy one, or two?

Re: Wool

• Options
    I understand about the greater likelihood of poop getting on it, but not sure how changing often throughout the night would mean needing more. It would be the fitted that I would have to change - the wool is supposed to be usable through multiple changes, no? 
  • Options

imageChickypoo2468:
    imageFrecklesInside:
    I understand about the greater likelihood of poop getting on it, but not sure how changing often throughout the night would mean needing more. It would be the fitted that I would have to change the wool is supposed to be usable through multiple changes, no?nbsp;
    Yes, it's just that usually people use fitteds and wool when they stop changing their LO at night bc they're pretty much bulletproof and hold tons. But others do do it bc they don't like PUL at night.

Also I think if I was using wool ON on a newborn I'd use two to let one air out until the next change. At night our prefolds and fitteds got super saturated.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would absolutely get more than one. Just from a washing and lanolizing standpoint, it can take 2 to 3 days for wool to dry after that process. You need to have enough covers to rotate if one gets dirty or is being washed.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the input ladies! I'll definitely get two given the recommendations. 
  • Options
    Since wool is usually pricey and you're probably not going to use nb size for very long, you could use this time to try other types of covers.  With our preemie we change often all night long and don't worry much about large volumes, but we do like having covers that we can wash quickly in addition to our one cute wool one because things can get messy on the changing table or we can have some kind of blowout (but not out of the cover) thing so it helps to have quick turn around. 
  • Options
    I list you need two covers,but all depend of what kind of wool cover are you thinking to get,I love diasana I this is the chart side for new born Size Conversion Chart: 

Age Range (US size)

0-3 mo.

0-6 mo.

6-12 mo.

12-24 mo.

2-3 T

3-4 T

Weight (lbs)

5-9 lbs

7-14 lbs

12-20 lbs

20-27 lbs

26-33 lbs

33-36 lbs

Height (in)

17-21 inches

20-26 inches

24 ? 29 inches

27 ? 34 inches

34 ? 38 inches

37- 40 inches

European Size

50/56

62/68

74/80

86/92

98/104

110/116

to toddler.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageveruca5839:
    I would absolutely get more than one. Just from a washing and lanolizing standpoint, it can take 2 to 3 days for wool to dry after that process. You need to have enough covers to rotate if one gets dirty or is being washed.

Ditto this. Just last night I had to change DD in the middle of the night and her wool was already damp on the inside so I needed a new wool soaker with the new fitted. Not to mention some wool (sbish) can take DAYS to dry sometimes, so you'll need a back up.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"