December 2011 Moms
Options

Alaska IS here now!(Birth Story Added)

Sorry for the delay in updating, I've been in & out of the hospital and I can't get TB to work on my phone. Either way, after 3 failed inductions(that's a LONG story) Alaska Lynne was born Monday, Feb 25th at 3:22pm via c-section. She weighed 8lbs 3oz & was 19.5" long. She is absolutely perfect! We just got home today so I will try and get her birth story typed up tonight after Maverick goes to bed.

Pictures!

Re: Alaska IS here now!(Birth Story Added)

• Options
    Yay!  Congratulations!
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!! She is adorable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Congratulations! She is so beautiful! You look so proud.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Congrats!  I've been checking the board for the last week to she is she had arrived yet!
    Three failed inductions!!?  I'll be looking forward to your story.  Here I was hoping that labors got easier after the first one - I'm still hoping that's the case this time around!

She's beautiful!  I hope M is adjusting well.

• Options
    Congrats- she is a doll!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Aww she is absolutely beautiful! Congrats Momma! Congrats big brother Maverick!

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    Congrats!!!! She's beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She's beautiful!! Congrats and nice work mama! =)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Congratulations! She is beautiful.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! She is beautiful!! Congrats mama!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    So adorable! congrats!
  • Options
    She's beautiful! Congratulations! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am so sorry about the three failed inductions, I can't imagine! 

Congrats to you and your family, Alaska is absolutely adorable and she does not look like a newborn to me at all in that last picture! Cutie :-)  

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    She's gorgeous!  And you look great too in that photo!  all the ones of me after birth are SCARY! 

• Options

Here's her birth story, it's long though!

On Monday, Feb 11th I had gone into my regular appointment and for the 2nd week in a row had high blood pressure. My doctor was concerned and decided that we really should schedule an induction. We went in on the 13th first thing in the morning. I was checked and was 2cm and 0% effaced. The nurse mentioned in passing that my cervix was a little crooked but she wasn?t concerned because Allie?s head wasn?t engaged yet. I was given a single dose of cervidal which started contractions almost immediately. After several hours of no change, they decided to start pitocin. I was on pitocin for most of the day with absolutely zero results. I was at the max dose and was feeling nothing more than mild menstrual cramps. They took me off that evening and i began having contractions on my own again so they decided to let me go through the night and see if I made any change on my own. Come morning, absolutely nothing had changed. They decided to try pitocin again with the same results, no contractions at all. During the course of being there, my blood pressure dropped after several hours so they made the decision to send us home for a few days and to monitor my BP from home as well as Allie?s heartrate which had been quite high for awhile the first day we were there.

They wanted us to come back on the 18th to try again. The 2nd time was practically a exact replay of the 1st trip. The night nurse told us I was at 5cm during a contraction and my doctor would probably break my water in the morning. Come morning, my doctor actually found that apparently with my cervix being crooked, this time the outer part was a 4, the inner part was only about a 2. They decided to send us home again. When we met with my doctor right before we left, he expressed some concern with the fact that my body was just not responding to anything at all however because my blood pressure had again lowered he really wanted to try waiting another week to give her as much chance as possible to come on her own and for us to avoid a c-section.

On the 20 & 21st we had a massive blizzard. We haven?t had snow in years and this time we got 18?. We live 5 miles from the blacktop so we were quite snowed in. On the 21st, I began having contractions every 10 minutes. They got closer to every 8 minutes and I decided we really needed to get to town, even if we just stayed in a hotel. It took my husband most of the day to get the driveway cleared enough we could get to the road. We made it about 2 miles before we got stuck in a snowdrift. We ended up having to call our neighbor to help pull us out and help us get to the blacktop. After several hours, we finally made it to town and got a hotel. We figured this was it and we would be going in to have a baby soon. After a day & a half of steady strong contractions, they disappeared. We went back home on the 23rd to wait for our 3rd induction.

We went in for the 3rd time on the 25th. After being checked by the nurse, we knew right away that it wasn?t looking real optimistic. My cervix had twisted even further sideways and Allie?s head was now engaged, just at the wrong angle. Her head was pushing almost at a right angle against my cervix. I was checked by two more nurses & my doctor to make sure that they were all feeling the same thing. He sat down and explained to us that he wanted to try some more pitocin one more time, but with the way things were sitting, that it was very unlikely that things were going to line up for me to be able to have a vaginal delivery. He thought that more than likely the contractions that I had during the snow storm had started to work and got her head engaged, however once my body realized that it wasn?t working they just stopped, which he thinks is the same reason I never responded to the pitocin. He wanted to give the pitocin one more chance so we started that about 9am. He said we would know by about 1 if it was going to work or not. On the advice of some other women, I tried several different positions (including one that made me feel like an idiot with my butt in the air when the poor lunch lady brought food lol) hoping that would give Allie enough room to twist herself around and try and get in the right position. I still had no response to the pitocin and had no contractions. The nurse came in around 1:30 to check one more time and all yoga positions HAD moved her...just the wrong direction. There was no way on earth she was going to get out at that point, things were just all screwed up in there.

She called my doctor who decided to go ahead with the c-section. Because we had already known for a week that it may be a possibility, I was a lot more emotionally prepared to handle it than if he had said we needed one the week before. The nurse left to call to see when the OR staff could fit us in because they already had 3 joint surgeries scheduled that day. She came back in about 3 minutes later and said ?so, how about right now??. It was at that point that DH looked at me with a ?holy crap!? look on his face. Within minutes it was quite busy with everyone coming in trying to get me prepped. They had me grab my pillow & IV bag and head down the hallway which was a very surreal experience. I figured that we?d be in and out within half an hour. They had me get on the table and started to try and place the spinal. They tried to place it..again and again and again. For more than an hour they tried to get it placed. Each time HURT! The pain was going down my leg, in my groin, down my lower back. I just sat there crying & shaking because I was terrified. It took long enough that one of the nurses who had already completely scrubbed in and gowned up took her gown off to come over and hold my other hand with the other hurse. It was quite un-nerving to see the growing pile of bent needles next to me. They called a 2nd anesthesiologist in from home to try and help. He tried for 15 minutes without any luck and then they started mentioning possibly having to put me under completely. About that time, he FINALLY got it in. They asked me if I was feeling anything and I told them my butt felt warm which apparently was the right thing to say because you could feel the tension in the room just disappear. Things happened real quick after that and they got me laying down. For the first few minutes I really though I was going to be sick until they gave me some zofran. It wasn?t too long before they got everything set and got her pulled out. Apparently as soon as they cut into the uterus she shoved her hand out and was waving it around. Everyone found it amusing that once they pulled her out the first thing I said was ?Oh my gosh I can BREATHE!?. It was the greatest relief of pressure to be able to inhale again. I honestly can?t say I felt a whole lot of crazy emotions when I heard her cry. In many ways I felt quite detached from it. DH went over to go see her while they finished up with me. They let DH ?cut the cord? even though it had already been cut once and then as soon as they were done weighing & measuring her they handed her to him. He brought her over and sat down next to me and that?s when I finally started to feel connection that yes this is MY child. Our hospital is real big on keeping SO & LOs right there with the mom the entire time, so she never had to leave to go to another room or anything. We headed back to our room where they finished up removing all my monitors and anything else they had stuck on me(I don?t even know what there was anymore lol). Literally as soon as they had me back in my own bed my nurse started getting things set so I could nurse her. I got to nurse her almost exactly half an hour after she was born which I thought was pretty awesome for a c-section. She nursed like a champ and hasn?t stopped since. Recovery has been fairly easy and very uneventful. Her birth certainly wasn?t what I had planned but it wasn?t bad either. After having both a vaginal birth & a c-section, I honestly wouldn?t mind having either again in the future(although we are shooting for VBACs).

• Options
    Congrats!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Welcome to your daughter!
  • Options
    Congrats! She's precious :)
  • Options
    Congrats to you and your family! Thats one crazy birth story- good job staying strong and bringing that beautiful girl into this world. Big Smile

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    Congrats! She's beautiful!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards