High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Had a great appt day

First was the u/s -- LO is estimated to weigh 6lbs1oz at 35.5 weeks.  He's still head down, kinda low (head near pubic bone level?) -- got a couple cute pics of his face.  Everything looked good.

Next was the NST since I was in the u/s room -- it picked up 3 contractions during the 20ish minutes of the test but dr said they were normal for this point in pg. I hope my water breaks before labor starts or early into the labor cause I'm getting used to contractions not meaning anything.

Then I had appt with the endo.  He reviewed my log of bs levels -- figures since at least 80% were under 120 (or under 95 for fasting) that things were fine as is so I don't need to see him again unless I start having issues with numbers going up or getting wacky.  GD is still diet controlled -- though I got the impression he'd like it if I increased carbs AND exercise since he's still concerned I'm not eating enough carbs. Weight gain entire pg is at 11lbs, increase in the last month was a whopping 1lb.

The ONLY real problem I ran into is that with my appts starting at 1 and me working until 1200 I only had time to eat a snack of cheese and crackers instead of a real lunch.  Fortunately, it appears that most of the rest of my appts are around 3 or 345 in the afternoon so they won't interfer with my meals again.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook

Re: Had a great appt day

• Options

Sounds like a great day of appointments! 

I completely feel the same way about hoping water breaks so I know to go to the hospital in time.  I have been having contractions every 3-5 min for almost 3 weeks now.  On Tues at my appointments they were every 3min and I was desperately seeking info on how I know when to go in...basically they said for anyone else we'd have you come in right now (intense contractions every 3min)...but for you all we can say is come when you water breaks. 

But, my understanding is that for most moms the water doesn't break before they get to hospital...so I seriously feel like I'm going to have a home birth!  I just hope she holds out longer as popping a baby out on my own at home at 34 weeks is kind of scary!

Here's to our water breaking in time to get to hospital!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"