October 2013 Moms
Options

Waiting..

so I just found out im pregnant five days ago for the first time.. I called my doctor and scheduled an appointment but they won't take me till April 2nd when they believe I'm 8 weeks along.. Idk why but this is a little irritating! There's so many things out there that can make things go wrong with the baby that I don't know about yet. I wish they would have me come in and go over everything. v__v maybe I'm a little too worried? I just don't want to have a miscarriage I would be so sad. :

Re: Waiting..

• Options
    It is sad.  However, there really isn't anyting you can do.  8 weeks is a normal time for your first appointment.  The best thing you can do now is to read up on pregnancy lurk the board and relax let your body do it's thing. 

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Options

Congratulations!

I have to say, as someone who has had an MC, nothing can prevent a miscarriage. If the pregnancy isn't meant to continue then there isn't anything that can be done. With that said try and calm down and enjoy your pregnancy. =) 8wks is normal for the first appt.

I do suggest you pick up Mayo Clinic's pregnancy book. Lots of great info!!

Best wishes!!! 

ETA: I misunderstood. Pregnancy brain.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    8 weeks is the norm for your first appt. If you were to go in any earlier you wouldn't be able to see, hear, or do much. I know waiting sucks but we have all done it or are still doing so.

• Options
    It feels like forever away but 8 weeks is normal for a first appointment. There really isn't much to see before that point. Yes, there is a lot that can go wrong, but the odds are in your favor that they won't. Just enjoy this moment. This is the only time you will be newly pregnant for the first time. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations! I am a first time pregnant one as well. I am 8.5 weeks and I just had my first appointment on Tuesday and I dont have my ultrasound until march 11th. Completely normal.
    pregnancy calendar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"