Breastfeeding
Options

BM freezer storage help

Hi, new mama to this board, just had my baby girl a week ago.  I am a SAHM but want to start pumping/saving a stash in the freezer.  I didn't freeze milk with my first daughter and am wondering what the best storage system to use is - I don't know where to begin - bags, etc?  I have a pump and save system for Playtex drop ins but there aren't too many in the box... but I do plan to use the drop ins for bottles later on.  (Exclusively BFing right now.)  TIA! :)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD 10.26.15

Garrett Samuel 1.30.14
Vanessa Ruby 2.21.13
Joseph Michael (born into Heaven) 6.17.10
Rae Patricia 4.14.07

Re: BM freezer storage help

• Options

I use two different things. The Avent storage system which is plastic bottles with sealing rings and caps, and then just any of the bag- usually whatever is best prices. I use the Avent bottles for in the fridge for bottles when I'm at work and then the bags for the freezer for longer car rides, days out or backup to the bottles if I get lazy and don't pump. The bags are a pain in the fridge because they fall all over the place but they are perfect in the freezer since they take up less room.

Breastmilk will keep for about 4 days in the fridge, and in the freezer for 6 months. Personally, I never keep them in that long and wouldn't want to for more than a month.

• Options
    Lansinoh storing bags are the best. I tried a couple other brands, but they were not the same. Plus, you can lay them flat for easier storage(less bulky thank the medela bottles.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAAA024:

I use two different things. The Avent storage system which is plastic bottles with sealing rings and caps, and then just any of the bag- usually whatever is best prices. I use the Avent bottles for in the fridge for bottles when I'm at work and then the bags for the freezer for longer car rides, days out or backup to the bottles if I get lazy and don't pump. The bags are a pain in the fridge because they fall all over the place but they are perfect in the freezer since they take up less room.

Breastmilk will keep for about 4 days in the fridge, and in the freezer for 6 months. Personally, I never keep them in that long and wouldn't want to for more than a month.

The magnet I got with my pump says 8 days in the fridge.  The freezer time is less for one attached to a fridge and much longer for a deep freezer.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"