Multiples
Options

Weird question- boogers

Only a mother could appreciate asking complete strangers about their child's boogers lol. So it's a very weird question admittedly, but I'm curious so here goes. One of my guys always has boogies in his little nose, always. He isn't sick and the pedi said he's too young for allergies (when discussing a different question). So I'm just wondering why this would be, or if there's just no reason at all and he's a boogery kid lol. Anyone? TIA. 
Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weird question- boogers

• Options
    One of mine is always all plugged up with "crusties." I'm always getting those things out of his nose, poor thing! I also asked the pedi and she said it was normal. He's had this problem since birth, but hasn't had so much as a cold.

ETA: He also has super sensitive skin, so I wonder about the allergy thing as well. I plan to ask again at their 6 mo checkup.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options
    Ours is related to reflux. I love the Nose Frida.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know the answer, but I have boogery kids too.  I use the nose frida and a humidifier at night, but every day they are clogged up and often snore.  I was worried it could be allergies too, but my kids are even younger than yours so I guess not!
    DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Teething?

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    Ok at least I can take some comfort in knowing he isn't alone. I'm going to have to look into this nose frida, bc he most certain,y doesn't like me trying to get anything out lol. Thanks gals. 
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My guys get boogers often but don't seem to have sinus or cold issues. I'm not gonna lie, I enjoy picking their noses...  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also enjoy cleaning their noses but the nose freida scares the bugeesus out if me. I can't even open the package. Lol. There's saliene drops that have helped my girls immensely. Their issues are related to refluxtheir crusties are mostly dried milk. The saline we use is called Little Nos.es. Good luck!
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Where do you live? My kids always have crusty boogers, and it's a combination of the dry, high climate, and wind blowing in prairie dust from the undeveloped land around our neighborhood....

I've become an expert nose picker, I'm proud to say..... hahaha

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    One of mine always had them too... and I also love the nose frida (though not really for dried stuff, more for congestion & nasty mucus)... don't expect LO to not hate it though, we have always had to pretty much pin our kids down for it...but it works amazingly & helps clear them out so they can sleep at night (and also when they were going through a big ear infection phase we'd use it twice a day when they had a runny nose in hopes of preventing fluid drainage) so I don't feel too badly... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"