March 2012 Moms

Daylight Savings

So I'm totally excited that it will be brighter for an extra hour in the evening after next week, but I'm surprisingly anxious over how this will affect DD's sleep schedule.  DST in the fall did not really matter because she did not really have a schedule yet, but now she does...almost.  DH and I both work full time, opposite schedules so that one of us is always home with her.  We finally have a sort-of-routine so that I have a good idea of when she sleeps with him and he knows when she is sleeping with me with some exceptions for when she is not feeling well or we've been out.  Are any of you doing anything special to ease your LO's into the time-change or are you just "winging" it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daylight Savings

• We are going to put her down at the normal time in Saturday and then wake her up at her normal time according to the new clock on Sunday...so an hour earlier than normal. Then we will start nap one at the regular time according to the new clock.

For the last time change we did something similar with keeping the first nap at its regular time and DD had no issues with the transition.
  • I'm just going to wing it and see what happens first.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We just have to get through Sunday, then it's day care's problem during the day Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wasn't even on my radar. I guess we are winging it!
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imageMrsJetSet:
    Wasn't even on my radar. I guess we are winging it!

This!
  • Winging it. We did that last time and it worked out okay. I hope it works this time too because her birthday party is on the 10th. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh crap! Sabrina's party is the 10th, too. I did not think about the time change. Oops!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks for the responses.  I guess I will partially wing it but even though I do hate to wake her maybe I will try to get her up when she would usually wake according to the clock as a PP suggested.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"