3rd Trimester
Options

? for those not breast feeding

I choose to not Breast Feed, I know that I will have to go through a period of waiting before all is dried up, wondering what I should get in preparation? I've heard a tight fitting sports bra (have a couple of those), but should I get some nursing pads to help with any leakage?

It's been a loooooong time since I had my Daughter (I BF her for about 2 weeks then stopped) and I don't remember what I did then.

Thank you for your nice responses in advance :)  

Re: ? for those not breast feeding

• Options
    I am a FTM, so I don't have any personal experience yet, but am choosing not to breastfeed and was told by my doctor to wear a sports bra as much as possible to help. And yes, she said I may need nursing pads for at least a week because there would still be leaking.

PS... I like how you added the "nice responses" part at the end there. I've learned in making the decision to formula feed that some people can be very harsh and rude when you tell them your decision.
  • Options
    Sudafed is supposed to help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i wore a sturdy sports bra. i had nursing pads but i actually never leaked. but you should definitely have them on hand. also, do not let hot water run on your boobs in the shower - ive heard it helps produce milk lol. 
  • Options
    I read peppermint will dry up milk supply...
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks a bunch ladies! Just what I was looking for! Good luck to aloof you! 
  • Options

imageDolls2011:
    I am a FTM, so I don't have any personal experience yet, but am choosing not to breastfeed and was told by my doctor to wear a sports bra as much as possible to help. And yes, she said I may need nursing pads for at least a week because there would still be leaking. PS... I like how you added the "nice responses" part at the end there. I've learned in making the decision to formula feed that some people can be very harsh and rude when you tell them your decision.

i agree, I understand all sides but am free to choose the one I'm on.  As long as you are comfortable and the baby is healthy and happy that's all that matters!  

• Options

imagenola78:
    Tight sports bras, don't express the milk at all, avoid hot showers directly on your breasts, and cabbage leaves to help with engorgement.

This. The cabbage seems odd, but it does work. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've heard that cabbage leaves help dry you out faster. You put them directly in your bra.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

Well this should be an odd shopping list:

sports bra

nursing pads

cabbage!

lol!  I keep hearing it works, so will certainly put it on the list!   

• Options
    I also wrapped myself tightly in an ace bandage and put the sports bra on over that. It helped with the pain a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"