Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Going off BCP for first time in 8 years!

Hi ladies! First timer here! The DH and I originally planned to wait till July, but his Dermatologist wanted him to go on Accutane so instead of starting that drug (since it can cause birth defects) we are going to try once this pack ends. My last pill will be Mar23! :) I actually started a prenatal at the beginning of this month, so I'd be on it for 6 months prior to trying, but life happens and plans change.

Anyways... what should I expect? Will my AF maybe last longer, I know everyone is different but will I O two weeks after? Or can it be whenever? I'm actually heading home to see my family and friends that weekend and wont be back till the 2nd, if I drink while I am home will it affect my eggs? We are not telling anyone! Everyone has been on our butts for years on us to have kids, so we really don't want to act suspicious especially this early in the game, and it's my gf's bridal shower and we always drink when we're together, mainly wine. 

Thanks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Going off BCP for first time in 8 years!

• Options
    It takes a while for cycles to regulate once you're off the pill. Everyone is different! When it comes to drinking, you will be fine. GL 
    ***************SIGGY WARNING***************
    DX: PCOS and Endometriosis 
    TTC since May 2011
    HSG normal
    Hubs SA- Normal June 2012
    Aug. 2012: 50mg Clomid: No Response
    March 2013: 100mg Clomid: No Response
    July 2013: 5mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    August 2013: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Natural cycles Sept & Oct.--BFN
    Nov/Dec: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Jan 2014: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Feb: Benched due to cysts.
    March: Benched w/cysts.
    April: Femara+Follistim+Ovidrel+Prometrium
    BFP on Mother's Day 2014!! 
    EDD: January 20, 2015
    6week scan: TWINS!!!!!
    16w: Baby A is Stubborn, Baby B is a GIRL!
    20 week scan: TEAM PURPLE!
    The babies were born on December 16, 2014 at 35 weeks! They are home and doing well!

• Options
    I never got a normal cycle and its been two years.  I am now ovulating around day 30. I was on bcp about 12 yrs

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was regular right away and I was on BCP 12 years.
  • Options

I was regular right away after being on BCP for 9 years. It just depends on the person.

Make sure you check out the newbie link at the top of the MB. It has a lot of great info that will help you better understand your body and everything TTC.

Welcome and good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    Thanks!!! I will defiantly read the newbie section! Oh and just curious, my husband says he thinks we should just do it everyday, anyone know if that can actually work? haha I just worry his sperm count wont be high everyday. We're also reading what to expect before you're expecting and babyproofing your marriage. Any other books you ladies recommend?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imagespecialerin13:
    Thanks!!! I will defiantly read the newbie section! Oh and just curious, my husband says he thinks we should just do it everyday, anyone know if that can actually work? haha I just worry his sperm count wont be high everyday. We're also reading what to expect before you're expecting and babyproofing your marriage. Any other books you ladies recommend?

Taking Charge Of Your Fertility is a great book.

Also, having sex every day would get pretty tiring, don't you think? =]

The best thing you can do is start charting, use Fertility Friend, get a basal body thermometer, some wondfo ovulation tests (you can get those on Amazon for dirt cheap).  

***************SIGGY WARNING***************
    DX: PCOS and Endometriosis 
    TTC since May 2011
    HSG normal
    Hubs SA- Normal June 2012
    Aug. 2012: 50mg Clomid: No Response
    March 2013: 100mg Clomid: No Response
    July 2013: 5mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    August 2013: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Natural cycles Sept & Oct.--BFN
    Nov/Dec: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Jan 2014: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Feb: Benched due to cysts.
    March: Benched w/cysts.
    April: Femara+Follistim+Ovidrel+Prometrium
    BFP on Mother's Day 2014!! 
    EDD: January 20, 2015
    6week scan: TWINS!!!!!
    16w: Baby A is Stubborn, Baby B is a GIRL!
    20 week scan: TEAM PURPLE!
    The babies were born on December 16, 2014 at 35 weeks! They are home and doing well!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"