Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

is nap over?

stupid question...lo catnaps because she is used to being rocked/held.  im working on that. anyway, she'll wake up after a 30 min and still want to nap, but obviously needs me to help her get there.

when do i know she's done napping and give up on tryinng to get her to nap.  she shows the cues..yawning etc. 

what is the "range" in nap lengths for a 5 month old

Re: is nap over?

• Options

I don't know the range in nap lengths for a 5 month old, but I have the same thing happening with my little guy, who is the same age as well. It is predictable that when I put him down for a nap, he'll wake within 30 minutes. I help him back to sleep, and then he's down for an hour or more.

I some times go in before he does his first waking and am able to sooth him back to sleep beforehand.

photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    From my research it sounds like 5 months old they should be napping 3x a day. Typically morning nap is the longest (at least an hr) and the remaining naps might be 45 min the rest of the day. Work on teaching your baby to put herself to sleep less and less without you and she will most likely sleep longer. GL!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"