January 2013 Moms
Options

Change in poop?

Anyone else notice a change in how LO is pooping? He is peeing a ton at least 8 x a day but pooping less. He used to have 6 or more a day. Now he has two to four large poops a day they are still yellow and seedy. He continues to gain weight. At four weeks he is over 10 lbs and was born at 8 lbs 11 oz. anyone else notice a change around this age?

Re: Change in poop?

• Options

My LO has been doing the same thing & is pretty much the same age. I think as long as they are still having wet & dirty diapers & gaining weight that all is well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's normal but Eloise still poops... a ton.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageamnat84:
    Yea DD is 5 weeks. Less frequent poops still lot of pee. Also poop has been thicker and more greenish yellow. Not sure why...maybe because we do formula at night? Do other people who do both breast milk and formula get this?

It's normal - the older they get, the less they poop. As for the greenish yellow, it could be the added iron in formula. 

Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As they get older, pooping once a day is normal and sometimes they won't poop all day. DS poops 2-3 times a day.
  • Options
    We are down to one poop a day
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    DS was the same way an just this past week it's slowed down quite a bit. It started when he didn't go for almost 2 whole days! Trust me he made up or it hen he finally went! But I aske the pedi t his 2 month appointment this week and she said its normal as thy grow and their digestive system starts to mature.
  • Options
    Thanks girls! I never knew how obsessed I would be with another person's bowel movements. Haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"