Multiples
Options

Bed rest???

I am a nurse pregnant with our first children, twins. I am curious when most people were put on bed rest or work restriction?

Re: Bed rest???

• Options
    I went into preterm labor at 30 weeks. It was stopped but I was on bed rest until 35 weeks when my water broke.
  • Options
    I was put on hospital bed rest at 30 weeks.
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started having BH contractions at 22w and was pulled off exercise and was allowed to keep working bc I had a desk job, put on modified bed rest at 26w, ruptured at 28w ... no idea if any of that string of events was caused by the previous, but that was my experience. Thankfully, it's not a common one...
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I haven't been put on any type of restrictions.... 33 weeks here!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats!

Part of it depends on your body and part of it depends on what kind of nursing job you have.  Obviously an ER/ICU/busy med surg job is much more demanding than a school nurse.

I was pulled at 23 weeks but luckily made it to 36 with bedrest.  I was in my last year of residency and working 80 hours a week with 24 hour calls almost weekly.  All of it on my feet.  Zero sitting dwon.  Yeahhhhh my body did not handle it so well.  I started contracting a lot around 22 weeks and cervix shortened dramatically in week 23.  With no "desk job" version of my work, I was out.  My mom also had an incompetent cervix/PTL and probably I'm cut from the same stone so to speak.

Good good luck and hopefully you have a great short term disability plan if you end up on bedrest or being pulled. 

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    I haven't been pulled to bed rest yet, and I'm 27 weeks with quints working as a teacher. I'm only working a max of three days a week right now, but still.
  • Options
    With my id girls I went on modified at 17 weeks and full strict bed rest at 25 after going into ptl. Remained on it until I delivered at 34 weeks.
  • Options
    i had to stop working in January and my doctor is putting me on hospital bed rest at 26 weeks (early April)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Stopped working at 31 wks as a precaution.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options
    I wasn't working while pregnant, but I never had any restrictions. Delivered at 37 weeks.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am a nurse too.  Got taken off work for modified bed rest at 22 weeks, then hospitalized at 24 weeks until I delivered.  Not the norm but it's one end of the spectrum.  I probably would have stopped working by 28 weeks just because I probably would have not physically been able by that point since I work 12 hour hospital shifts.
  • Options
    I was never put on BR or had any restrictions. I worked a desk job until 36w when my contract ended, and I delivered at 38w1d.
    BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Around 13 weeks when I was hospitalized for a week with HG. I was sent home with a PICC line and was allowed to do what I could tolerate. Then around 28 weeks, PTL began and I was told to take it easy. My privileges were dialed down a few times as PTL would rare up. After 34 weeks, I was allowed to do as tolerated again, because my MFM would not stop labor at that point.
  • Options
    I'm a pharmacy tech, so while I don't do a lot of the more physical stuff you might (moving patients, beds, ect) I'm on my feet all day, so my experience may or may not help you. I ended up going on bed rest at 25 weeks because I was trying to start labor, but my doctor told me from the day we saw the second heartbeat on the ultrasound that he was taking me out of work at 28 weeks. Don't know if that's the norm or just my doctor. And even though I went on bed rest at 25 weeks, I made it to 37 weeks to the day before I delivered, and then it was a scheduled c-section.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"