Secondary IF

*****2IF Grad Check In*****

Good morning Grads!!! Welcome to our new Grad Check In! You ladies give us hope!

This is the place to talk about all things pregnancy and baby: betas, bumps, ultrasounds, gender reveals, birth stories, special milestones, pictures, cute things your LO's are doing now and anything else you'd like to share!

Also, since its the first check in, if you wouldn't mind sharing a little bit about your IF history for those of us who may not know how you reached this point (# of cycles, treatments, etc)?

QOTW: When did it or has it yet started to feel real for you?

Have a great day ladies! I will try to post the check in every Wednesday from here on out so please continue to give us updates on how you and your LO's are doing!
imageimage

First Time: DD born 3/2011 after trying for two years, LAP, and two IUIs w/ Femera + Ovidrel
This Time: 4/12 Femera IUI #1 BFN, 5/12 Femera + TI BFN, 6/12 Femera + IUI #2 BFN, 7/12 Femera + IUI #3 BFN, 8/12 Follistim IUI #4 BFN
IVF #1: ER 11/5/12 : 17 eggs retrieved/6 fertilized, ET 11/10/12 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
IVF #2: ER 1/28/13 : 12 eggs retrieved/9 fertilized, ET 2/2/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
IVF #3: ER 4/15/13 : 13 eggs retrieved/7 fertilized, ET 4/18/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
Laparoscopy 5/24/13 : Stage 2 Endo, Scaring, and Both tubes Blocked but successfully Opened
IVF #4 (Clinical Trial): ER 7/22/13 : 15 eggs/8 fertilized, ET 7/25/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
IVF #5: ER 11/4/13 : 13 eggs/12 fertilized, ET 11/9/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFP!!! Beta 11/20/13 = 447 1 Beautiful Baby! EDD: July 28, 2014

Re: *****2IF Grad Check In*****

• I guess I'll get the ball rolling.  First, a little background on me.  I married DH 10/10/10, when I was 37.5 y.o.  I got of BCPs a month or two before the wedding, and we tried getting pregnant the old-fashioned way for 6 months before heading straight to the RE, where everything looked good except I have a blocked tube, which might be the culprit.  While it's possible we might have been able to get pregnant on our own, time was not on our side, especially since we wanted two kids.

The RE offered to do an IUI, but strongly recommended we go straight to IVF, which we did.  Thankfully, my insurance has excellent IF coverage ($25K for medical--what they negotiate, not OOP prices and $10K toward IF meds), so our output was probably only around $3500 for both cycles.

Anyway, we did antagonist protocol for IVF #1, which brought us DD last June.  Both the RE and OB recommended trying again ASAP for #2, since I was fast approaching 40 (which I finally reach this Sunday).  So, when DD was 5 months, we started IVF #2, this time using the MDLF protocol, which was a bigger success than the antagonist over a year prior (results in sig), and we are now expecting DS this August.

As for my update, here is my update, which I posted yesterday.

QOTW: It still doesn't feel all the way real just yet, because I haven't felt any movement yet, but I had an anterior placenta with DD, so I barely ever felt her.  I think getting the good testing results has helped make it more real, but more to the point, has helped me to relax about things from here on out (unless of course, something actually comes up worth worrying about).  I'm looking forward to the big reveal of both the pregnancy (couldn't really hide it if I tried at this point anyway) and the sex this weekend at my birthday luncheon with my girlfriends.  Two of my friends are also expecting, one is also having a boy, just 6-7 weeks before me, so I'm super excited about that.  

Okay, I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.  Thanks for starting this thread.  It's a great way to stay connected with your ladies!

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't really feel safe calling myself a grad, but I'm trying to be positive about this pregnancy, so here goes....

History: We conceived DD naturally after 6 months of trying and had a very boring, uneventful pregnancy with her.  We started TTC#2 in June of 2011, and got our 1st BFP two months later.  That pregnancy resulted in a loss at around 7 weeks.  After that, we had 3 more natural BFP's that all resulted in c/p's. 

We had started seeing an RE after the 3rd loss, and she discovered I had low AMH and recommended IVF.  We got a second opinion from another RE (1st RE never did cd3 bloodwork or anything that I had heard was 'normal'), and my AMH was now even lower and I was also told I was compound heterozygous for MTHFR.  The 2nd RE recommended IVF as well, so we went forward with it in January. 

We did estrogen priming and antagonist protocal.  We got 7 eggs retrieved, and only 3 were mature.  2 of 3 fertilized, and we transferred them both back at a 3dt.  Both embies took, and we found out last week that one of them also split!  So, we are growing three babies - a set of identical twins and a singleton.  I never, ever thought we would have triplets!  I'm 7w3d today, and we just saw all 3 heartbeats this afternoon.  I was released from the RE and will be seeing a MFM in two weeks. 

QOTW:  I think if we make it out of 1st tri, it may start to seem more real that we'll have a take home baby.  Not sure when it will start to feel real that we're having triplets..... 

TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello!  I appreciated this board so much when we were TTC#2.  I often think of you ladies who are in the midst of such an emotional roller coaster. 

My history is that it took literally one attempt to conceive dd right when I came off the pill.  I kind of thought it would be as easy the second time.  It took seven months, I figured out pretty quickly I had leutal phase issues.  Went to an RE 3 months in, did 1 round of clomid and 2 rounds of femara.  Each time I would start my period before I even made it to testing day.  After the second round I started my period during the funeral of a very close friend (this was after days of spotting), went to RE the next day, had a negative blood test and started bravelle right away.  Well the early sonograms on Bravelle did not show any growing follicles so they stopped the cycle but I continued to take opk's at home on my own.  A few days after the sono my OPK turned dark right away, same thing happened with my dd.  Long story short I took a pregnancy test for the sake of poas and it turned positive right away.  Turns out I was pregnant from the last femara cycle, despite having the negative blood test.  Pregnancy was textbook (dd's was not) and I had a vbac on 10/16 (the birthday of my dear friend who's funeral I was at when I thought I had gotten my period), team green turned team blue.

I wish you all the best of luck and hang in there even when you think you have reached your limit.  DH and I were ok being one and done, but I am so happy we pushed our comfort level a little bit (origingally thought we would not do any medication to conceive).  I squeeze my son daily and say how thankful I am we stuck it out.  I also realize we did not have as long of a road as so many people do.   I truly believe my friend had a hand in bringing us our ds when she passed away.

I will be cheering for all of you!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Great to hear from all of you ladies and I hope you continue to update us. Time really does fly and I can't believe how far along some of you are already. Sending continued thoughts and prayers. I love this board and its wonderful hearing about all of the great success stories. Please keep them coming whether you are a recent or not so recent grad. We love hearing from you!
    imageimage

First Time: DD born 3/2011 after trying for two years, LAP, and two IUIs w/ Femera + Ovidrel
    This Time: 4/12 Femera IUI #1 BFN, 5/12 Femera + TI BFN, 6/12 Femera + IUI #2 BFN, 7/12 Femera + IUI #3 BFN, 8/12 Follistim IUI #4 BFN
    IVF #1: ER 11/5/12 : 17 eggs retrieved/6 fertilized, ET 11/10/12 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #2: ER 1/28/13 : 12 eggs retrieved/9 fertilized, ET 2/2/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #3: ER 4/15/13 : 13 eggs retrieved/7 fertilized, ET 4/18/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    Laparoscopy 5/24/13 : Stage 2 Endo, Scaring, and Both tubes Blocked but successfully Opened
    IVF #4 (Clinical Trial): ER 7/22/13 : 15 eggs/8 fertilized, ET 7/25/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #5: ER 11/4/13 : 13 eggs/12 fertilized, ET 11/9/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFP!!! Beta 11/20/13 = 447 1 Beautiful Baby! EDD: July 28, 2014
  • QOTW: it doesn't feel real.

I think I am recent enough to not need a full intro, but my siggy has a detailed TTC story and we are 8 weeks with a singleton from IVF#2 (put back 2). I have been all over the place this week.  My grandmother went into the hospital about 2 weeks ago and was doing better but Sunday her congestive heart failure got the better of her and she couldn't breath.  She was 87 and DNR so we got the call she could go any minute.  I rushed to pack DS and we headed to my moms, because my sisters and I didn't want her to be alone when she got the call.  We were all together Sunday evening when she passed.  The service was Thursday and I have been out of town almost a week and traveling up and down 3 states on I85 . 

My house is a wreck, I have a mountain of laundry, I need to shower and so does DS, but I am exhausted from the traveling.  We need milk and food. Ugh!  Sorry to complain. First world problems. 

I am hoping to reschedule our second u/s for this week sometime!!  Will update when I do.  Thanks for this checkin I remember everyone so far and LOVE hearing that things are going great for everyone!!! 

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • imagegennyu:
    What a great thread!  Some really amazing success stories that fill my heart with hope Big Smile

Totally!! Congratulations lovely ladies:)

A + Life

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me:24 DH:27
    TTC #2 since August 2011

DX: Low AMH 1.79 Mildly elevated FSH 9.9

1 month of Letrozole, 3 IUI's with Letrozole, All BFN. 1 canceled IVF cycle, BFN.

May 2013 IVF w/ICSI #1.5: Start BCP 5/8 2 pills a day. Suppression Ultrasound 5/29. Begin Dexamethasone & Lupron Microdose 5/31. Started Gonal F and Menopur 6/2.

ER 6/12 13R,9M,8F.

5DT CANCELLED due to moderate OHSS

5DT UNcancelled due to embryos not being capable of cryopreservation

Transfered 2 "poor quality" embryo's on 6/17

No frozen embryos.

Beta #1 6/25 6. Chemical Pregnancy confirmed. Beta #2 6/28 -1
    Done trying

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"