September 2012 Moms
Options

schedule question...solids question.. im a ftm:)

im working on putting my baby on a "schedule".  she's a catnapper who is used to being held and rocked to sleep.  when we stop this, she wakes up although she still is tired.   how to i know  when she is "done" napping.  ive been writing it down, but its all over the place.  she does eat every 4 hours.

does anyone have any guidelines for a 5 mo old and naps? also when do i feed her solids.. do i do it with her bottles?  im a FTM who is so confused! lol

Re: schedule question...solids question.. im a ftm:)

• Options

I'm a FTM too, but as far as naps go my DD is also all over the place. Most days her naps are 40 minutes - an hour. Some days I'll get an hour and a half out of her, but that's rare. She takes 2 of these naps a day, and one catnap (20 - 35 minutes) in the evening.

I think she needs to nap longer, but she just doesn't. Whether she's at home or at daycare, it's the same thing. But she does STTN for up to 12 hours, so I believe she's getting enough sleep overall. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

mine doesnt sleep at night either! i thnk she is so overtired shes not getting her rest, which is why i want to put her on some type of "schedule"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like my LO.  Her naps are usually 5-15 minutes long, and it's usually only after her bottles.  Every once in a while, she'll stay asleep after I put her down, but mostly she wakes up if I try to move her.  She does STTN though, so I really have no room to complain :)
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options
    How long are you letting her stay awake between naps? My DD usually needs a nap after 2 or 2 1/2 hours of awake time, which I think is the general guideline for 5 - 6 month-olds anyway. If you're missing that window and she's up longer, she may be overtired and that's why she can't settle down for a decent nap.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

90 minutes.  she yawns so i interpret that as ready to nap.  but this yawning may also be because she is just exhausted.  she yawns after she  catnaps too.

thinik i need to keep her up longer?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"