September 2012 Moms

falling asleep poll

Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?  

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? 

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep?

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? 

At what point do you go back in to soothe? 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: falling asleep poll

• imagebluecrab1020:

Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?  passed out

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? I rock them to sleep

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? NA

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? NA

At what point do you go back in to soothe? If they fuss after putting them down I usually go right back. This is probably wrong but I don't want them waking eachother up.

View Raw Image'>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagebluecrab1020:

Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?  Awake/drowsy

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? Never have

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? Depends on how tired but usually fusses for 5min

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? Occasionally only lasts a min or so

At what point do you go back in to soothe? If he is full on crying (doesn't happen often) I usually pick up for a min and try to shush for a bit. Put down again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Blake012913DSCF1379
  • Loading the player...
  • Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?  Usually drowsy, but awake; occasionally passed the eff out

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? If she is super fussy, rocking and butt patting, but not normally

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? About 10 minutes

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? Not much at all

At what point do you go back in to soothe? When we get a full on help me I am dying cry, otherwise she is fine.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • imagebluecrab1020:

Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?  Sometimes drowsy sometimes asleep

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? I read to him while rocking before each nap/bedtime. Sometimes he falls asleep before the book is over.

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? He doesn't

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? He doesn't

At what point do you go back in to soothe? If he wakes up fussing, I give him his paci. If that doesn't work, I feed him. When he is up, he doesn't fuss he plays with his hands and "talks".

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• 1. Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?  

Any of the above - it depends. I still give her a bottle right before bed, so she sometimes falls asleep right after while I have her on my shoulder to burp her.

2. Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? 

Rock while feeding & burping before I put her down. If she's still awake, I pat her butt for a minute before leaving the room. 

3. How long does LO fuss before falling asleep?

It really varies. A few minutes to 1/2 an hour, but that's on and off. Not 1/2 hour straight.

4. How long does LO cry before falling asleep? Also varies.

5. At what point do you go back in to soothe?

It really depends. If she's all-out CRYING, I go in right away. If she's just fussing, I generally leave her be unless it escalates. If she's fussing and crying I go in every 5 - 10 minutes. I can tell the difference between her "I'm complaining because I don't want to be in this crib" cry, as opposed to the "I mean business" cry, where she won't be able to settle down on her own. That's when I go in and pick her up and walk with her for a minute. The soothing from afar strategies (patting, shushing, rubbing, talking, etc.) don't work with her. She gets PISSED.

P.S. - I added the numbers because TB won't let me "unbold" things. What's up with that?? Annoying. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagebluecrab1020:

Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?  Usually passed out.  Sometimes very drowsy.

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? Used to rock.  Now I lay down with him in our bed and then transfer him to the cradle when he falls asleep

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? None.  His fusses escalate so I usually address it immediately and soothe him. 

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? None

At what point do you go back in to soothe? Right away.  Many times it's just a matter of giving him his pacifier.  If I don't go in right away, it escalates, and then he's harder to soothe back to sleep. 

• Passed out

She still falls asleep on me most times and yes, I have to rock, bounce and pat her usually.  Or just turn on my white noise app, it depends on how tired she is. She also will fall asleep while eating.

I don't let her fuss much, so I'm not sure.

I don't let her cry before falling asleep.

If she wakes up after I lay her down, I try to wait a bit to see if she'll fall back asleep, but usually she starts full on crying, so I pick her up.  

• imageMomtobeNJ:

P.S. - I added the numbers because TB won't let me "unbold" things. What's up with that?? Annoying. 

I have to use Ctrl B on my keyboard to bold/unbold. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• imagehmp&mrj:
    imageMomtobeNJ:

I have to use Ctrl B on my keyboard to bold/unbold. 

Well, look at that. Thanks!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Down awake, drowsy, or passed out? Awake

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? No

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? If he does fuss only for a few minutes.

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? He doesn't normally cry. 

At what point do you go back in to soothe? If he is crying then I would go soothe with paci.

• Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?  As of a week ago, drowsy/awake

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? We have a few moments of rocking to wind down (as well as bedtime/nap routine)

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? Usually less than 10 mins

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? Usually less than 5 mins

At what point do you go back in to soothe? If she is frantic/shows no signs of calming down

• This is appropriate, as I'm currently reading Ferber's book...we have issues.

Down awake, drowsy, or passed out? Usually pretty drowsy, but depends on the night. Try to get to the calm, eyes closed stage

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? Yes, while singing for a few minutes

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? I wish it were less, but often 10 min... and then I wish it resulted in sleep, but usually not

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? She usually takes anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours every night to go down. Sometimes it's a total of 5 min crying spaced out, other times it's much more. We try to avoid it but no luck so far.

At what point do you go back in to soothe? When she starts properly crying. We only pick up if she can't be calmed. But this happens at least 4 times each evening, often more. We need some intervention on this front. Once she's down, she's good for hours.

• Down awake, drowsy, or passed out? For naps awake but tired (not quite drowsy yet), for bed time passed out. 

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? For naps I just put her pacifier in and leave the room, so usually falls asleep within a few minutes.  For bed time she falls asleep drinking her bottle.  I have tried to do what I do for naps at bed time, but it does not work for some reason, last time I tried she was wide awake and it took me an hour and a half to get her to sleep.  I know they say put down drowsy, but for now I would just rather both of us get some rest :-)

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? She does not fuss usually

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? She never cries before falling asleep

At what point do you go back in to soothe? If she starts fussing I wait a few minutes, sometimes she is not actually awake and will fall back to sleep.  If she starts to escalate I go in to soothe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feed LO "dinner" at 6:457, give him a bath, lotion him down, feed him a bottle, lay him down however he is after that awake, asleep, drowsy around 7:30... and hes out until between 2:305AM.

• imagebluecrab1020:

Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?  Falls alseep on me

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? Sleeps on me until I go to bed, then sleeps with us.

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? No fussing

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? No crying

At what point do you go back in to soothe? No soothing needed unless he gets gas. 

Stop by my blog @ When Regarding Ruffles! Cheers and High-Fives! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageAnniversary

• Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?  awake for naps, drowsy at night time

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? None of the above. I just put her down.

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? 0-3 minutes.

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? 0-3 minutes.

At what point do you go back in to soothe? at about 3-5 minutes of crying.

9 times out of 10 she goes down w/o a peep.

• I put him down awake if he doesn't fall asleep nursing. I just kiss him and say good night. He usually talks and grunts a little for 5 to 15 minutes. If he starts sounding really frustrated ill check and give him his Paci and maybe pat is butt a minute.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• imageicedcoffeeluv:
    imagebluecrab1020:

Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?  passed out

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room? I rock them to sleep

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep? NA

How long does LO cry before falling asleep? NA

At what point do you go back in to soothe? If they fuss after putting them down I usually go right back. This is probably wrong but I don't want them waking each other up.

Same, especially the last part.

BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Down awake, drowsy, or passed out?   Awake 90% of the time, drowsy the other 10%

Do you rock/bounce/pat /etc. before leaving the room?  Nope, turn on the mobile, give paci, OUT!  LOL

How long does LO fuss before falling asleep?  Usually doesn't really fuss, might "chatter" a bit, maybe for 20 minutes at most

How long does LO cry before falling asleep?  Doesn't usually, unless she's fighting it/overtired

At what point do you go back in to soothe?  If she's full on crying, but I know she's doing the above, I wait about 5-10 minutes.  And I keep doing it until she crashes. I don't really follow a "sleep training" method, just do what works for us

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"