Baby Names
Options

Carrot

Ok so this is a little silly, but I thought you all would appreciate it.

I was talking to my baby consultant about baby names yesterday and she said there was a client of hers who said that she was naming the baby Carrot. She swore up and down, even had her DH convinced the kid was going to be named Carrot. After the baby was born she brought him in to see the baby consultant. The consultant looked at him and said "Oh, Hello *gulp* Carrot." The mother looks at her and says "What kind of crazy person do you think I am? I didn't name my baby Carrot, I named him (insert normal name)."

This woman apparently had everyone completely fooled, including her DH, just so she could pick the name by herself. So sneeky, but hilarious.

Re: Carrot

• Options

So the Husband/Dad had no input on the name?!  

I'm just waiting for a Kardashian or some celebrity to name their baby Carat (as in the weight of a diamond). LOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I guess after "Carrot" just about anything would sound better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow weird.

Also, what is a baby consultant?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    imageHelenahhandbasket:

Wow weird.

Rosie Pope from Bravo's Pregnant In Heels.
  • Options
    imagePinkLillyLover:
    imageHelenahhandbasket:

Wow weird.

Rosie Pope from Bravo's Pregnant In Heels.

I promised myself I would not watch that, and now I think I must.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    imageIdani:
    imageHelenahhandbasket:

Wow weird.

This is my question. I have never heard of one.

A Baby Consultant is similar to a Wedding Planner.  They assist new parents with what to register for, things they need for new baby, baby proofing the house, selecting doctors and nanny's, parenting classes, etc....  Some first-time mom's don't have family or friends nearby to guide them.
  • Options
    I love this! I wish I could do something like this to my mother, but I just wouldn't be able to hold it in.
    BFP 4/3/07 EDD 11/23/07 MC 7/20/07 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagemj.reilly:
    I think telling others a different "weird" name than what you are using can be fun, but......doing it to her DH, too, so that she can pick the name herself...that is just being a selfish twat. There are no words to describe how pissed I would be if my husband, the father of my children, did something
    like that. Horrible.

This!!!!!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options

imagelisa2008boo:
    That's mean and disrespectful. I can't stand women who don't let their husbands have any say in naming their child. It is just as much his genetics as it is the mothers. I don't get this whole I carry it so I name it argument. A couple should communicate and come to a name together as a team that is what a marriage is about. Naming your child should not be a power struggle with a winner. You should look back on naming your child with good memories. Not a demanding dominate parent controlling everything. Sorry if people disagree but to me this is sad. They should have come to a compromise together. I feel sorry for that husband that he was treated like that and was kicked out of naming his baby. That should be something wonderful he got to share with his wife.

I completely agree with you. I think there is a difference between trying to convince your SO of a name, and outright just lying and picking one. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EmJ&BEmJ&B member
    Wow . . .
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"