January 2013 Moms
Options

LO rolling over....help

My LO has been in his RnP at night and we are trying to transition to his crib.  The biggest issue is that when he stretches, which is often, he arches his back and rolls on his side.  My big concern is that he will roll onto his stomach while sleeping and not be able to breath.  This is further compounded because for him to sleep at night he has to be swaddled which means he wouldn't have his arms to help lift his head up at all.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

Re: LO rolling over....help

• Options
    We swaddle LO with his arms out every night. Have you tried that?
  • Options
    I stopped swaddling arms in two nights ago because I was tired of the swaddle getting near his mouth and nose because he tries to be a little escape artist...he hates to be fully swaddled. So I started swaddling arms out...and he seems to sleep just as well. Course that could be difficult to tell since his cold has made his "typical sleeping patterns" off a bit.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with pp, maybe swaddle her with her arms out? My DD "rolls" onto her side as well and has always been fussy about her arms being swaddled so we only swaddle her legs. We are in a different situation though since we bed share and I sleep facing her or spooning with her.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For some reason he doesn't sleep well with arms out, he slaps himself in the face and wakes himself up.  Maybe he will just have to sleep in his pack in play for a while longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"