June 2012 Moms

Speaking of first birthdays...

How do you ladies plan on celebrating? Big party with lots of people? Or cake and close family? I wanted to have a themed party on a Sunday afternoon with our friends and family. Kind of something in between. My husband thinks I'm being nuts. Actually, he thinks I'm going to go overboard more than I really plan to. But in his opinion, it should just be something very small and not to waste money on a big party that LO won't even remember. I told him it's a party for LO, but it's also celebrating everyone getting through that first year of everything baby. It can be a rough time! And the first birthday is a big deal! I think he's a party pooper. I've been on Pinterest, pinning all kinds of cute ideas, but obviously I don't plan on doing everything I see. (I am a serious Pinaholic, so I can see why he might think that.) Anyway, what do you all plan on doing?
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Speaking of first birthdays...

• Plan on a party with immediate family and close friends at a local restaurant. With that being said it'll still be 40ish people because between H's family and mine there's almost 40 of us! It's going to be the Saturday of Father's Day weekend. Not much of a theme but lots of balloons and a nice cake and party hat. Haha
  • Ohhhh no, not this topic again! I kid! I kid! My husband just recently spoke of the party. If I would let him, he would have a pony, bounce castle, slip n slide, etc, etc, etc.

He's already picked a massive cake he wants for her. He never had a birthday party, so he wants to go all out. We don't have many friends here yet. My mom is planning on making the 8 hour commute. I ony wish my niece and nephew could come, but it's over father's day weekend. It's looking like it will be small in attendance but big in every other way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't really thought too far ahead about a guest list, but I guess it will probably be mostly DH's family. My parents live OOT and don't drive much since they are elderly. I have one friend with a DS a year older than mine, so I will probably invite them too. (Or would that be weird? She didn't invite me to her DS's b'day last year, but I didn't have any kids yet then.)

• We will celebrate DD and SD's b-days together. Despite the big age difference, we will have it together b/c SD lives in a different state and doesn't have different friends at this point.

We will have 15 people over for cake. Nothing fancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We're still not sure...I wanted to have a beach theme, but DH wants to do it at a restaurant for dinner...still exploring ideas!
  • My husband thinks my whole family is nuts because we have always celebrated every birthday up until the age of 21.... I'm talking, all my cousins and everything!  We always get together for everyone's birthday, it's how I grew up and I loved it! It made me closer with my cousins, seeing them that often!  So he thinks I'm nuts for wanting to continue that with DS!

Oh well!  We'll be having a big party at my parents with all of my cousins and their kids coming.  They have invited us to all of their kids bday parties so far, so we'll do the same!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• (can't make it a quote) "But in his opinion, it should just be something very small and not to waste money on a big party that LO won't even remember. "

I have to agree with your H! We are just going to invite some family. We'll have some balloons, presents, & cake. The theme is.....birthday party :)

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm planning a monsters party, DH wants him to have Mike from Monster's Inc smash cake, I'm making monster invites & hats & got a ton of other ideas...

Invites: DH's whole family lives close by but most of my in laws have only seen my son i could probably count on one hand (MAYBE two with certain relatives) so I'm not paying for food & cake & decorations for EVERY family member of his when they can't make an effort to be in my son's life the other 364 days of the year, (they never even seen him in the hospital when i gave birth) & its not like they invite us to their kid's birthday parties either. So i ain't worried about it

• We'll have mostly family there. Neither of us have too many friends so we'll probably just invite a couple of my husband's coworkers and a few neighbors that we see semi regularly. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • We will be having family over and thats it. However both of our families are large so there will be alot of people. Also it will be about a month after Alexander is born so it will also turn into a meet-the-baby party as well. I've already started planning since I will have a newborn and won't be getting much sleep at that time to effectively plan anything. Luckily my FI is very much into the planning of this party too so I've had no problems thus far with what I want to do. :)
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• We are going to have a bbq at our house with family and friends. We'll have a Finding Nemo theme...shocker huh? LoL It will probably be around 20 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"