Babies: 6 - 9 Months

How many hours does your baby sleep in a day?

DD (6.5 months) has never been a big sleeper...12 hours is her average these days. I'd love it if she took some longer naps, because then we could maybe drop down to 2 instead of 3 (some days she'll only do 2 anyway, and 2 30-minute naps makes for a cranky baby come the evening)

The Fluffy Cat says... "Boxes are the best toys ever invented!"

Re: How many hours does your baby sleep in a day?

• DS is almost 7 months (holy cow!).  He sleeps 11-12 hours at night.  And then he has 2 naps during the day.  Morning nap is about 45 minutes long, afternoon nap is 1-2 hours long.  Sometimes he will take an evening catnap for 20 min.

So on average I would say 14-15 hours of sleep a day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• DD is almost 7 months as well-- she takes 2-3 naps a day and sleeps 11-12 hours at night

We start  her bedtime routine at 7:30 and she's in bed by 8

Lately she's been waking up once or twice a night- not sure why.

But will sleep until 7am

• Loading the player...
  • Bed between 7 and 7:30. One a good day, sleep until 7 but 6 or 6:30 is more realistic. He may stir for a few minutes during the night but will generally go back to sleep pretty quickly except for between 2:30 and 3:30 he almost always wakes up and drinks and 4 ounce bottle then goes back to sleep. 

As for naps, maybe an hour a day. Sometimes none at all, I've never seen anyone fight sleep so hard!  My babysitter tries really hard to get him to take at least one nap a day but it doesn't always happen.  One the weekends, if I'm holding/rocking him then I can sometimes get a half hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon.  Sometimes.  Fortunately, he's generally a pretty happy little guy until about 6:30 when sleepytime kicks in and he gets his bedtime bottle. If we're running late, watch out!

• DS is 6.5 months. He sleeps 9 hours at night (9pm-6am), takes three naps during the day that last 1.5-2 hours, and occasionally one 45-60 minute catnap in the evening.
  • DS sleeps (mostly) uninterrupted about 8 or 9 hours over night. I can't keep him up more than 2 hours during the day,still, at 6 month. So, he's still getting about 5 or 6 naps a day. Less at daycare, I imagine because there's so much more stimulation there.

Anniversary
  • My LO sleeps 12 hours at night waking once sometimes twice to eat. She takes 4 naps during the day, 2 for 45 min, 60 to 90 min then usually 2 hours. She's only awake for a max of 2 hours at a time.
  • She typically sleeps from 6:30 pm to 7 am. Then she'll nap about 3 hours a day on average. She likes her sleep.

How long does she sleep at night? It really doesn't sound like she's getting an appropriate amount of sleep for her age. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • LO is 7 months, sleeps 12 hours at night (6pm-6am) with one wake up to eat. Then naps 3 times in a day usually the naps add to 2-3 hours. So total 14-15hours.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • At 8.5 months, DD is averaging about 13 hours sleep total.  She SLTN, usually 11 hours, sometimes a little more, and on a very good day will have two naps at about an hour each.  But I think she needs more, at least nap-wise, and we have been struggling with this for some time now.  We did some sleep training, try to keep to her a schedule, have a consistent but not elaborate routine... she just often will.not.sleep. during the day.

• Ds sleeps 11 to 12 hours at night, and takes 3 naps during the day. 2 hour morning nap, 1 hour afternoon, and 30 minutes to an hour evening nap. I'd say he averages about 15 hours total.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Takes two naps per day. Morning nap is 30 mins -1 hr, second nap is consistently 1 hr.

Sleeps 630pm-5AM (still wakes once at night)

So about 12.5 hrs a day...

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Two naps, about 3 hours all together. I read that minimum for this age is 2-3 hours.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I put DS to bed around 6 PM. He often wakes around 10 PM to nurse and then goes back to bed. Sometimes he sleeps through to the morning, and sometimes he wakes to nurse (like last night - up at about 3:30), but that's almost closer to a dream feed. He generally is up for the day between 5:30 and 6:30, then goes down for a morning nap around 8, and sleeps for about 1 to 1.5 hours. He usually has one long nap in the afternoon.

I'd say he's right about 14 hours of sleep total. He sleeps better when DH and I are home than he does for my mom who watches him at our house during the week.

• Down at 7pm, up at 530 usually, with one overnight wake up.

Two catnaps of 30 minutes, one around 7am, one at 530.

Two daytime naps of 45 to 60 minutes. Unless its only 20 minutes.

So 13.5hrs on a good day, as little as 11.5hrs on a bad day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"