February 2013 Moms
Options

Granuloma?

Has anyone elses little one had this?  We went to the dr. last Thursday (he was born sat 16th so he was 5 days old)  and he was super stinky and the dr. told me it was his cord, apparently when everyone says "oh you don't have to use alcohol on it, it's an old wives tale"  they  mean "it isn't medically necessary, however your baby will smell" so that afternoon we started cleaning it out every few diaper changes to get rid of the smell and it fell of that night.  Well fast forward to today it is still bleeding, so I bring it up at his weight check, the dr. says it is a granuloma, just cells that are healing up wrong basically.  So he cauterized it with silver nitrate.  I have never run into this, has anyone else?

Re: Granuloma?

• Options
    Yep, DS1 had/has one. His stump accidentally came off too quickly during a diaper change and it never healed right. The silver nitrate never worked for us, but it does for most. Right now it's pretty much healed over, but it still has a pink center. Going to follow up on it next week at his 15 month appt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"