Stay at Home Moms

Titanic II

what the sh!t. I just came across this this morning. This guy is funding it 100% by himself because he wants to "spend his money before [ he] dies." I'm blown away. I think its awesome that he's building and sailing an exact replica, but I can't imagine having the change to drop on a project like this. Jesus thats a lot of money. All I can think is that he could change a LOT of lives if he shared it rather than put it towards something like this.. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Titanic II

• I saw that on the news yesterday morning.  They are going to make the trip as close to the original as possible - people will be in costume, they don't want to have internet available, they will serve the same buffet foods, and have an orchestra.  It is a little weird to me.  I cannot say that I will be putting my name in the raffle for a ticket aboard.  Maybe the second voyage.  : )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCherryblossoms07:
    I saw that on the news yesterday morning.  They are going to make the trip as close to the original as possible - people will be in costume, they don't want to have internet available, they will serve the same buffet foods, and have an orchestra.  It is a little weird to me.  I cannot say that I will be putting my name in the raffle for a ticket aboard.  Maybe the second voyage.  : )

Yeah...the report said exactly how i feel about it- Its just testing fate. haha! At least this ship will be required to have updated safety features and enough life boats for everyone. He may be going to an exact replica, but theres no getting around the international law with that, especially with something so notorious. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know how I feel about it. It's been a long time, but it still seems a little insensitive to the families of those who died on the original.

imageAliciaS1411:
    .. All I can think is that he could change a LOT of lives if he shared it rather than put it towards something like this.. 
    The same could be said for a lot of money that's spent on frivolity, but in the end, it's his money.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holy crap what a waste of money.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of neat? I mean I'm not going to stand in line for a third class ticket or anything, but I would totally like to go first class. haha. I think it would be cool. As far as him wasting money, people waste money all the time. Look at all the cars, bags, and ridiculous things we all spend our money on.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So this is probably really dorky of me, since I remember a lesson on the Titanic from 7th grade English class (and I'm 33 now).  But... we were told that the Titanic was constructed incorrectly.  Which was the cause for it sinking.  The water tight holding areas below the ship met the ceiling on 3/4 of the ship and did not on rest, which caused the water to flow over the wall and sink it. 

My question is WHY?  Why would you want an exact replica of a ship you know was made to sink?

_____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"