Parenting after a Loss

XP: Regression Concerns

*I posted this on my BMB about two hours ago, but I could use all the advice I can get, so maybe you gals would have some insight for me?*

Original Post:

"Hi ladies.  So his sleep regression/4 month wakeful continues to get worse (he has one two hour stretch around 6PM, and then wakes up every 45 mins. no matter what I have tried.  He also fights me on naps, but we are continuing to try to stick to the schedule.  Yesterday it took me almost three hours to get him to sleep though!).  

But that's not the only thing I'm concerned about.  He had rolled for a few days before he got sick, but hasn't since he had his head cold two weeks ago.  Between that, and his sleep regression, and just how clingy he is (he's literally screaming right now, because I haven't held him for a grand total of five minutes), makes me wonder if there's something wrong.

If he had always been like this, I wouldn't think twice.  But about a month ago, I had a baby that slept 6-8 hours at night, could roll, and let me put him down long enough to use the bathroom.  He has his 4 month checkup on the 6th, so I'll be talking to the doctor then, but I'm wondering if you guys had any ideas what's going on, and that I should ask about at his appointment :S

And I gotta go, he's really crying.  TIA!"

*he had one nap of 45 mins. after this post, but refused to go to sleep without me holding him.  I had to swaddle/feed/paci/swinging standing up, and shushing AND use the white noise machine.  He absolutely refused to sleep anywhere else . . . and I had just enough time to write this, and now he's crying again.  G2g.  TIA ~

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

Re: XP: Regression Concerns

• Hmm, I'd be slightly concerned about an ear infection or something else since the change is SO drastic. When J had an ear infection the only symptom was fussyness and a slight decrease in the amount he was eating. A lot of time colds lead to ear infections. Maybe get him in to the pedi sooner just to check? 

ETA: I wouldn't worry about the rolling, 3m is young for that still and weird regressions are normal most of the time.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • imageMissa_g:

Hmm, I'd be slightly concerned about an ear infection or something else since the change is SO drastic. When J had an ear infection the only symptom was fussyness and a slight decrease in the amount he was eating. A lot of time colds lead to ear infections. Maybe get him in to the pedi sooner just to check? 

ETA: I wouldn't worry about the rolling, 3m is young for that still and weird regressions are normal most of the time.

I was thinking this exact same thing! 

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart"

Our TTC Journey

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm a mom to my 4 angel babies who were taken from us much to soon!
    BFP#1 on 09/29/09 and EP discovered/Left Tube lost on 10/19/09 EDD 06/12/10
    BFP# 2 on 03/21/2010 EDD 11/30/10 Natural M/C on 3/27/10
    BFP# 3 on 02/14/2011 EDD 10/28/11 Missed M/C discovered 4/19/11 and D&C 4/21/11 On 5/6/11 we found out our Oct Angel was a beautiful little girl <3
    IVF#1=BFP#4 on 8/31/11 EDD 5/12/12 EP discovered and MTX shot given 9/14/ & 9/21 M/C on 10/9/11
    IVF#2 and Stims started 12/2 ER 12/16 ET 12/21 transferred two beautiful blastocysts. Please stick LO's! BFP 12/26
    Benjamin Matthew Our Little Miracle Born 9/5/2012!
    BFP 1/2/14 EDD 9/11/14

• Loading the player...
  • With a drastic change, I'd ask the pedi.

Know though that sleep is spotty and that the moment you (collective you) think a sleep pattern is set, it will change.  Nights of 8 hours in a row will come and go...with nights of 4MW, teething, illness, and just generally being too excited about the big world to sleep interspursed.  Also, 4m is early for rolling.  My DS had done it a few times one week in his 3rd month...and then didn't again until 5.5 months.  What you're describing reminds me a lot of my sons 4MW.  It went on for.ev.er, nights it took forever to get him down and naps were impossible and shortlived.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• @MIssa&amp;Crystal: I had thought maybe an ear infection, too.  But he didn't seem "sick" - or at least not as fussy as when he had his head cold.  Yet I called the pedi's office today, and he's got an appointment tomorrow, so we'll see (and hopefully get some answers!)

@BandEddie: I was just thinking that yesterday . . . that maybe he's not rolling bc of a possible ear infection.  When I have sinus' I don't even want to lift my head from the bed, much less tumble around on the floor ;P

If he is sick, it would explain the clingyness - wanting Mama to make him feel better (and if I could, I would!).  It slightly unnerves me that he still doesn't feel good, no matter what I'm doing :(  He's just not as happy as he used to be ~ so I really hope the pedi might know what we could do about it.

Also, just saw your siggy and dear googilyoo are your triplets adorable!  Which reminds me, I need to update my siggy ~ my DS is two months older now :D

@Junebug: I'm glad I have the app. tomorrow, and really hope to get some sort of insight as to what's going on!  And I agree - I never wanted to rejoice, and say "DS is officially STTN!", bc I was so afraid of saying that, and it turning out to be a fluke.  I know he can go back to STTN, bc he was before.  But at this point, I'd settle for an every now and then night of sleep.  At this rate, I sleep about three collective/broken hours worth, and collapse when DH is home :/

Thanks for the replies ladies! ?

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• DD hasn't been acting that sick, but had a cough.  I took her to the pedi yesterday, DOUBLE ear infection.  

• Would agree with PPs on the rolling. DD rolled for the first time when she was 2 and a half months old, and even though she did it a few times, she'd randomly stop doing it for weeks and wasn't rolling consistently until about 5 and a half months. Her sleep has also never been the same since 4 months. Sometimes she'll only get up once or twice, and other times it's every hour for no conceivable reason. But I would definitely check with your pediatrician, just for peace of mind!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"