August 2013 Moms
Options

hospital registration

My OB office recommends that I register at my hospital at 15 weeks (so this week).  Anyone else need or going to register so early?  I had to pick out a pediatrician in order to register, which wasn't hard for  me since my pediatrician is still practicing, and we'll just use her.

Re: hospital registration

• Options
    I registered with dd around 32 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My hospital doesn't do registration until 30 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We're not recommended to register until 20 weeks here so that's probably when I'll do it. I may be able to do it from my doctors office and they'll fax it in. 

As for pediatrician, we'll use the one my current kids have :) No added registering.

Joy

Proud mom to:

Cameron (Jan 11, 2000)
    Cassidy (May 5, 2005)
    Callen (August 23, 2013)

My heavenly angels
    ~Caleb~ Jan 21, 1999
    ~Carys~ April 29, 2011
  • Options
    Mine just says to have it done by 32 weeks. Will probably do it around 25 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Same here. I went to an appointment on Monday, and the nurse told me to register online with the hospital ASAP. I went ahead and did it, but I did think it was kind of early. I'm a FTM, so I'm just doing whatever they advise. LOL

****CHILD/BFP WARNING****

TTC since 2/11 - Unexplained IF B/W revealed high prolactin levels. Taking bromocriptine for prolactin.
    IUI #1-3 = BFN
    IVF #1 = Cancelled (undermedicated = small follicles)
    IVF #2 = ER 12/6 - 6R/4M/Only 1F
    Transfered our one and only blast (3AA) on 12/11 = BFP!

Trying for Baby #2

IVF#3 - 13 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized. All 7 got a fungus and arrested.

IVF#4 - February 2016 - 13 eggs retrieved. All arrested.

IVF#5 - June 2016 - 12 eggs retrieved. All arrested. Told I need a donor egg.

Changed REs.

IVF #6 - September 2016 - T-priming, HGH, Lupon flare. 31 eggs retrieved!!! 12 made it to blast! Transferred 2 blasts (5AA, 4AA).

• Options
    How do u register at hospital? Ftm 16 wks
  • Options
    My office recommended at 28 weeks, but I can do it anytime. Whether I do it today or on Aug 7th, it will still be in system ready to go. I know a lot of people who do it early, just so they don't forget and get it out of the way.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I did it early with my first, and I still had to fill out all the same paperwork when I actually went in to be induced. I dont know if I filled it out to early and then they just delete it after a while or if that is just standard paperwork. I would call the hospital registration office and find out from them when they recommend pre-registering. I feel it is more important to talk to your insurace company early, some insurance company require that you inform them of you pending hospitalization before they will cover anything. I let mine know at about 15 weeks last time and everything was smooth sailing as far as insurance!
    IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My hospital requires you register between 32-35 weeks.  15 weeks seems early, but hey, at least it will be out of the way!

• Options

images00percher:

In my case my OB gave me a registration packet to fill in and send to the hospital.  I don't remember when during the pregnancy it was, but I'm guessing early 3rd trimester.

Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't register until after 29w but that's because my first was born at 28w and I was too afraid.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Maybe I jumped the gun a bit, but I registered at 8 weeks when I toured the hospital.....
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're supposed to register at 32 weeks. And sign consents at 36 weeks.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket
  • Options

images00percher:

I called my hospital and asked someone in the maternity ward. At my hospital, I just go in to the front desk and fill out the paperwork there.   

I also wonder if I'm being told to register early is due to the fact that the hospital I go to is affiliated with The Johns Hopkins and probably is more popular as a result.  Who knows though.

• Options
    i'll register around 28 weeks or something like that.
  • Options
    I forget when we registered but it was pretty early too. I think they gave it to us at 12 weeks or before. Ours didn't require a pediatrician thankfully. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"