August 2011 Moms
Options

Yogurt

I've still been purchasing organic baby yogurt, mostly because of sugar content. i think DS could handle a larger serving, but the baby ones are only 4oz, and the adult ones have so much sugar.

What is your favorite yogurt to feed LO?

I've been thinking of getting the big carton of it instead of individual servings, but I usually just find plain yogurt in the big carton. If you use plain yogurt, what do you add to it for flavor?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Yogurt

• Options

I honestly just buy good ol' yogurt. I don't make an effort to go the organic route, but I also try and steer clear from the "kids" brands, too. 

When I first introduced yogurt, I'd do plain mixed with applesauce (or any type of fruit puree). Also, Your DS is old enough to eat honey now, so you could always use that to sweeten it if you'd like. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I'm really interested in reading replies...

I had been buying the big container of Stonyfield Farm plain whole milk yogurt, but my market recently stopped carrying it.  I've bought the carton of Dannon French Vanilla a couple times since then, which is yummy, but I don't love it the sugar content.  So I'm looking around for alternatives.

I usually mash or dice fruit to mix it into the plain yogurt for flavor. Banana blends really well and is quick and easy.  Or sometimes we mix half yogurt, half applesauce, and DD really likes that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

I honestly just buy good ol' yogurt. I don't make an effort to go the organic route, but I also try and steer clear from the "kids" brands, too. 

When I first introduced yogurt, I'd do plain mixed with applesauce (or any type of fruit puree). Also, Your DS is old enough to eat honey now, so you could always use that to sweeten it if you'd like. 

Oooh, honey is a good idea, I didn't even think of that!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We have tried several different brands but Chase prefers the mickey yogurt. it only comes in one flavor which I hate but its the only one he will eat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image image image Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"