Baby Showers
Options

baby shower gift

Hello,

Just wondering this etiquette wise. I have soothies from the hospital when I gave birth 2 months ago (unopened, of course). I am going to a shower in April and MTB registered for soothies. I wanted to throw these in with her gift(s). Is it rude to do that? You can tell they are from the hospital because of the packaging. I definitely won't be seeing her for a very LONG time after that. Thoughts?

Re: baby shower gift

• Options
    If you got them from the hospital so can she. Im sure the gift you got for her will be enough
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    j J
  • Options

imageMelRC117:
    I wouldn't give them as part of the gift. I would give them to her afterwards as in "Hey, I had these and never used them. Hopefully you can!

This.  I gave a bunch of stuff like that to my friend when she had her son.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I was given so many "extras" at the hospital because I work there. She will definitely not be getting the same treatment at the hospital where she is giving birth, so I figure she can reap some of my benefits, while of course, I give her her own special gift, as well.
  • Options

imageMelRC117:
    I wouldn't give them as part of the gift. I would give them to her afterwards as in "Hey, I had these and never used them. Hopefully you can!

I would do this.  Soothies were the best thing ever to me, and if you have to buy them at the store, they are crazy expensive...I probably could have gone through $30-40 worth of them a week in the early weeks, so definitely pass them along if you don't need them any more! 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMelRC117:

I agree with this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"