Baby Showers
Options

Sprinkle

Hey there,

I'd like some feedback as to how this sounds for a plan for a sprinkle for a friend. 

Go out to lunch and we pay for the momma's lunch--somewhere nice but not too nice.  Have desserts and presents and chit chat time at my house. 

I was thinking the evite might say "it's a sprinkle, so please bring something for when the baby has to tinkle!"  since it's her second and she didnt find out the sex last time she has a fair amount of stuff and clothes already.....

Does that sound ok?

Thanks,

Re: Sprinkle

• Options
    Lunch and chit chat sounds lovely.  Cutesy rhymes telling guests how to spend their money does not.
  • Options

imagewittyschaffy:
    Lunch and chit chat sounds lovely.  Cutesy rhymes telling guests how to spend their money does not.

Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedr52383:

"it's a sprinkle, so please bring something for when the baby has to tinkle!" 

Yeah, no. Rhymes disguised as an order to tell people how to spend their money should be banned. Although I guess I'm happy that it doesn't say "but only bring Pampers for when the baby has to tinkle." ;)

The lunch, desserts and chitchat sound lovely. Don't put the rhyme on the e-vite. Of course, when guests inquire what the GOH wishes for, you can say that she'd be very pleased to get diapers.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagewittyschaffy:

agreed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree with PPs- don't make any reference to what gifts guests should bring on the invitation, and especially don't use a poem about urination!

Another question- you mention that you're paying for the mom's lunch.  Did you and the other guests decide collectively to host a sprinkle, or are you planning it and expecting the other attendees to cover their own lunch?  If it's the latter, if you're hosting, you should foot the bill for everyone.  If it's the former, just ignore this! 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagewittyschaffy:

This. Leave off the rhyme and let people do whatever they will do.

• Options
    Like previous posters have said, a poem on an invite is a big red flag that there is a request that is tacky.  It's no secret that babies need diapers.  I think people can figure it out on their own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedr52383:

"it's a sprinkle, so please bring something for when the baby has to tinkle!" 

I'd bring a roll of toilet paper for telling me what to bring.  

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageEstwd2:
    I'm opposed to urination references in an invitation.

Me too. I would be like wtf at this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"