Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Pregnant after Missed MC

I found out I had a missed mc in Sept at my first u/s at 11wks. I am now 5w2d and am incredibly nervous. Every time I use the restroom and wipe or have a small cramp I immediately get worried. Does anyone know of the stats for a safe 2nd pregnancy after an MC? Also, any advice on how to stay calm and less stressed? I am continuing to exercise (at a lower pace), but I still can't stop worrying. First appmt is next Tues(6wk), but this dr only does u/s between 10-12 weeks so I will have a whole month to worry if I'm carrying around a healthy little one with a heartbeat. Help!

Re: Pregnant after Missed MC

• Options
    You are not alone ... I am constantly checking to make sure I am not spotting. However I do try to stay positive because I don't want to stress me or the baby ... I just try to take deep breaths to relieve stress. Good Luck !
    < image
  • Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I had a missed miscarriage last June around 10 weeks. I am about 8 weeks now, and my first u/s appt isn't till next Thursday. I feel the same way - every cramp and trip to the bathroom sends me nearly over the edge. I have been coming to terms with how I am feeling by just taking it one day at a time. Control the things you can control like getting enough rest, eating well, exercising, and managing your stress. We can't control the outcome at the end of the day, but we can control some of this process. My doctor, whom I adore and is extremely intelligent, said that the miscarriage rate remains one in five, even after one previous miscarriage. Best of luck and keep positive!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All I've been doing is trying to keep busy. That's all that has really helped me. I hope this baby is it for you!!
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Options
    My story mimics yours exactly. I'm about as far along as you right now too. I don't have an appt for another 3 weeks! I was loosing my mind so I called the OB and they said they would take betas and progesterone. I had my first ones yesterday and they can back normal so that helped put my mind at ease. I hope tommorws look good too. The rate is unfortunately the same as it was the first time, about 15 to 20. Hopefully this time we are among the 80 that have healthy pregnancies.
  • Options
    My percent sign didn't show up. I meant 15 to 20 percent
  • Options

First of all, congrats!

You are not alone, trust me. I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow and I still check the TP. Even if I feel movement or heart the heartbeat. PgAL brain is always there lingering her evil self. Just try to stay positive and say mantras, I usually say, "I love you pumpkin/Victoria and I can't wait to meet you in June or July, happy and healthy!"

Also, the ladies here are great so always feel free to come here when you are having a weak moment - which can happen often.

Again, congrats!

m/c 2002 7w2d
    bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6/28/13

beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608 DD born 6/27/13

bfp 7.16.14 | edd 3/27/15

beta#1 7.18.14 - 149 || beta#2 7.21.14 - ??

• Options
    Congrats! I had a missed miscarriage in October so I know what it's like. I got pregnant again in December and am now 13 weeks. It's so hard being PGAL and there are still days that I am totally paranoid that something has happened. Everything is going great so far and my doctor told me from what she sees, most pregnancies right after a miscarriage are successful. I have just taken one day at a time and like the PP said, stay positive. :) 
    imageBabyFetus Ticker

BFP #1- 9/16/2012 MMC- 10/24/2012 (8.5 weeks, baby measured 6 weeks 1 day with no heartbeat) D&C-10/30/2012 BFP #2- 12/23/2012 Due 9/5/2013 Please be our rainbow baby!
  • Options

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I found out about my missed miscarriage at the end of January 2012. I am currently 28 weeks pregnant. I really struggled with anxiety through the first 20w of pregnancy. The odds of having a healthy pregnancy after a loss are very good but it seems quite common to have tons of fears once experiencing such shock and loss.

I really hope the time flies until your ultrasound and you receive wonderful news. 

BFP#1 11/25/11 EDD 08/09/12 MMC 01/30/12 D&C 02/01/12
    BFP#2 09/11/12 beta1=72 @13dpo beta2=160 @14dpo beta3=over 6000 @24dpo U/S @7w2dd hb=146bpm U/S @8w5d hb=159bpm U/S @12w hb=164bpm
    EDD 05/20/13
    My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"