Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How to transition...

My LO just hit 11 months old.  We had to go to the pedi for an illness -- and he suggested to go ahead and start introducing whole cows milk so that we can work on transitioning Robbie off of Formula...DH took him to the pedi that day -- an didin't ask any questions about transitioning...so now -- I ask... HOW?  Do i knock out one bottle and replace it with WCM?  Do i mix half and half with formula & WCM?  Only WCM at snacks and meals and keep formula bottles the same??

CLUELESS!!

BFP #1 - 04/11/2011 - EDD: 12/22/2011 -Natural MC 5/18/2011 @ 8w6d BFP

BFP #2 - 08/12/2011 - EDD: 04/21/2012 1st U/S 9/12/2011 - Healthy baby seen -- Heartbeat at 166!

BFP #3 - 08/02/2014 - EDD: 04/09/2015 ---Prayers for a take home baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How to transition...

• I asked my pediatrician and he said I could do a swap, replace one bottle of formula a day with milk and go from there.  Just be aware that they won't drink as much milk as formula at first so maybe give LO 1/2 the serving you'd normally make - you can always refill it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With DS I added the wcm to his formula bottles. So, for a week I added 1 oz of wcm, the next week 2, etc. I'm planning on doing the same thing with DD. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We introduced it as a drink before replacing it with BM. It started with a sippy at dinner, then we added another in the afternoon. Just this week we started mixing it in his 2 daycare bottles (1oz WCM, 3oz BM). Next week, we'll go half and half. The WCM isn't really placing BM/formula though. It's supplimenting their solid diets, which should be the main source of nutrition once formula is done. We've always fed on demand, and he is demanding BM less and less but is still regularly thirsty (water or WCM). He's also continued to increase how much table food he'll eat throughout the day.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"